Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE The Greatest Royal Rumble Network Special Thread (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I love that he still looks happy with his chest like that

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiFqyBkgklR/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You could get for finger prints off Bryan’s chest to find out whoses handprints they belong too.

You could get for finger prints off Bryan’s chest to find out whoses handprints they belong too.

Think it was roddy

I'm so confused, when is the event starting? How long was the "kick off"?

EDIT: NM, app was just acting funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I just googled Titus O'Neil. He is more famous now than he was 1 hour ago. All the top stories for him are just gifs of him falling :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Defo Roddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Here's hoping for a backstage documentary from conception to execution. Highly doubt WWE heavily pushed having women, LGBT Balor or anything too heavy but curious what the Saudis nixed or demanded and how the logistics went.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That Titus slip was amazing. I can only imagine the grief this guy is going to get on Raw. Probably an entire segment where they replay it over and over and bury him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

cliggg wrote: »
    I'd say he'll carry it around for a few weeks, then bring it back out next year to defend it. With the amount of money WWE made tonight I'd imagine they'll be looking at making this an annual event.

Is it not set in stone annually for the next decade? Or did I dream that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

oneilla wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a backstage documentary from conception to execution. Highly doubt WWE heavily pushed having women, LGBT Balor or anything too heavy but curious what the Saudis nixed or demanded and how the logistics went.

Don't forget no sami either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Is it not set in stone annually for the next decade? Or did I dream that
    Oh yeah? I haven't seen anything about that but it wouldn't surprise if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Rumor that is was approx 100-200 million offered to put on the show.

To be honest, after seeing THAT trip happen I think it’s a bargain for the Saudi prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just finished watching, enjoyed it apart from it was way to long, highlight of the night, obviously Titus and Coreys reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

oh I've just seen the Lashley and big cass moment. Jesus that looked dodgy as ****. I genuinely hope big cass is okay because he looked like he got his bell rung.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only got he chance to watch the rumble, got a bit tiring 50 men is just too much. Had no idea who the sumo guy was or the 2 NXT guys (the huge guy and the bald one)

Y2J not in the best shape but nice to see him back in the wwe

Strowman deserved it and hoping he will one day win the real rumble match. The trophy is huge and that belt is pretty nice too

I guess this is a yearly thing now. Don't think it will take away from the real rumble match every Jan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a top level PPV, it was boring.

But as a "bonus" PPV, I enjoyed it enough. My main takeway from the Rumble, though, is how awesome the commentary was. The trio worked so well together, seemed to have a looser leash than usual, and the banter between them was so massively enjoyable. We've talked loads over the years about how WWE's commentary can massively detract from great matches, but that was an example of the commentary team dragging the quality of a match UP! Not just the Titus moment, but the discussion of how Cole knew it was Fandango and not Breeze, Graves admonishing the surprises of the other two for Rey when he had been advertised...loads of great little moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Did Titus do that on purpose? He didn’t stumble or look surprised or anything just glided under the ring. Still brilliant obviously.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Did Titus do that on purpose? He didn’t stumble or look surprised or anything just glided under the ring. Still brilliant obviously.
    I don't think he did. He seemed to lose his footing once he stepped on to the mat around the ring.

Also, I've a feeling DB will feel
    it today. His chest and right arm looked nasty.

It looked like he caught his foot as he was running alright, maybe he was moving too quickly to do anything about it but you’d expect some kind of natural “oh sh*t..” reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Make of it what you please
    A source told us that Vince McMahon was almost in tears because he was laughing so hard and he made the call for the production team to show the replay several times.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vince-mcmahons-reaction-to-titus-oneils-epic-botch-at-the-greatest-royal-rumble/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sami wasn't on the show "out of respect for the local culture" Not his decision apparently.

WWE's statement was;

“WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs and cultural differences around the world.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sami wasn't on the show "out of respect for the local culture" Not his decision apparently.

WWE's statement was;

“WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs and cultural differences around the world.”
    Yet they put a segment in where those evil Iranians were laughed at by the Saudi wrestlers.

WWE aired an ad which featured women in it. As such, they've been admonished...

The General Sport Authority would like to apologize to the viewers and attendees of last night’s WWE event that took place in Jeddah, over the indecent scene involving women that appeared as an ad before a segment. It would like to confirm it’s total disapproval of this, in the shadow of its commitment to eliminate anything that goes against the communities values.

The authority has made sure to ban showing of any segment that involves women wrestling or any scenes related to it, and stipulated that to the company (WWE). The authority also disapproved any promotional stuff with pictures or videos showing women in an indecent way, and emphasized on commitment of this rule. And it’s a commitment that the authority would still commit to forever in all of it’s events and programs.

Would ye ever cop on, Saudi Arabia?

Saw Sasha tweeted "I'm so inspired" after the "We treat women okay....kinda" propaganda piece during the show. Probably get a slap on the wrist for that.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE aired an ad which featured women in it. As such, they've been admonished...

The General Sport Authority would like to apologize to the viewers and attendees of last night’s WWE event that took place in Jeddah, over the indecent scene involving women that appeared as an ad before a segment. It would like to confirm it’s total disapproval of this, in the shadow of its commitment to eliminate anything that goes against the communities values.

The authority has made sure to ban showing of any segment that involves women wrestling or any scenes related to it, and stipulated that to the company (WWE). The authority also disapproved any promotional stuff with pictures or videos showing women in an indecent way, and emphasized on commitment of this rule. And it’s a commitment that the authority would still commit to forever in all of it’s events and programs.

Makes a laugh of Paul’s bull**** that they’ll be allowed to feature in the next couple of years. They’ll be tolerated if they cover up and attend with men but that’ll be it.

What ad was there indecent scenes with women in it ?
    edit: I realise that what the Saudis consider indecent, people in the west for the most part don't feel that way.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What ad was there indecent scenes with women in it ?
    edit: I realise that what the Saudis consider indecent, people in the west for the most part don't feel that way.

Think I saw it was the Backlash ad and one or two other similar ads for the upcoming shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone feel some of the rumble entry's were very random and you have to ask how in the hell did they decide to pick them and not pick others ???. For the NXT guys did they pick names out of a hat ??

One half of heavy machinery, 2 unknown NXT guys and some ex sumo guy. Even Rodrick Strong felt random

Advertisement