Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE The Greatest Royal Rumble Network Special Thread (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't get Goldberg to appear at the event

Probably wouldn’t be very welcoming of someone with that surname, much like the women.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's a 50 Man Rumble.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a few surprises, and wouldn't be shocked to see Goldberg as one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im really intrested in how the crowd reacts like are they just silent or none of them care will it die a death

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cliggg wrote: »
    Yes it's 5 hours long! It starts at 5pm our time and finishes at 10. There is also a 1 hour long kickoff show. It's on a Friday and Raw on the Monday is in Quebec which is about a 14 hour flight. The quality of WWE may be poor at times but they must have the hardest working backstage staff, I hope they are well compensated.

Crazy

The Raw crew are touring South Africa atm and both brands are heading to Europe in 3 weeks too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

cliggg wrote: »
    Yes it's 5 hours long! It starts at 5pm our time and finishes at 10. There is also a 1 hour long kickoff show. It's on a Friday and Raw on the Monday is in Quebec which is about a 14 hour flight. The quality of WWE may be poor at times but they must have the hardest working backstage staff, I hope they are well compensated.

A preshow with no Renee, Charley or Cathy? How will they manage?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A preshow with no Renee, Charley or Cathy? How will they manage?

The King prob hosting

with the amount of wives he had, he will fit right in out there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Crazy

The Raw crew are touring South Africa atm and both brands are heading to Europe in 3 weeks too
    Yeah I forgot about those. The Ultimate Warrior was bang on calling for public recognition of the huge amount of work that goes into these shows by very hardworking people. Also just so we stay on topic somewhat I predict that
    Hulk Hogan will be a surprise entrant or in some way involved in the event.
    Spoilered in case it actually happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Things have gotten a bit lively in Saudi tonight. Wonder if this will actually go ahead?

Can't believe this is relevant to the Pro Wrestling board.

But there's currently a coup happening in Saudi Arabia. Might cause them some issues this week...

They heard Roman was set to win the title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Things have gotten a bit lively in Saudi tonight. Wonder if this will actually go ahead?

A coup against the ruling family ? What nutter is pulling that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I read that a drone was shot down close to the King's palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

oneilla wrote: »

Saw that. Certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that social media got a bit carried away.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

oneilla wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Friday looking like a good day for me now, going to the Avengers in the afternoon with the young lad and home for the Royal Rumble and the greatest Royal Rumble ever at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gonna be weird watching a live PPV at a reasonable hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Friday looking like a good day for me now, going to the Avengers in the afternoon with the young lad and home for the Royal Rumble and the greatest Royal Rumble ever at that.

And i forgot, Friday is also Rusev Day!!!

I see that Kane won't be there now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see that Kane won't be there now

His mayoral election is coming up. He can’t really disappear at the pivotal stage.

Yeah just saw that as well.

So I'm wondering how this works with regard records and statistics. Like if someone beats Mysterio's time, will it count as if it was the normal Royal Rumble?
    If Nakamura wins next year's Rumble, will it still be 2 in a row?
    Technically if someone enters in the first 10 and wins, they've outlasted more men than any other winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    His mayoral election is coming up. He can’t really disappear at the pivotal stage.

I was thinking it was more a move to distance himself from any potential bad press this event may cause his campaign, like Womens rights etc

so u only get an ugly ass trophy if u win this rumble and no title shot ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You also get guaranteed entry to next year's Andre the Giant battle royal :D

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gonna be weird watching a live PPV at a reasonable hour.

Yeah in daylight will be strange. Although the one they did Japan in 2015 was strange as well, but that might have been because I was watching it in an airport sculling pints because I'm not the best on planes.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I was thinking it was more a move to distance himself from any potential bad press this event may cause his campaign, like Womens rights etc

Yeah, that would be gold for his opponents in the election if he went. Even though the guy doesn't come across as disrespectful to women, by him going to the event it could be spun to be him endorsing the Saudis. Yeah, Kane isn't touching that with a twenty ft clown pole.

This is going to be a cluster**** of a thing

I wonder how the Saudis will take to it all. WWE are getting the $$$$ so they don't give a toss what they think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This is going to be a cluster**** of a thing

I wonder how the Saudis will take to it all. WWE are getting the $$$$ so they don't give a toss what they think

The fact they are sending pretty much everyone and putting so much effort into it means they very much care about what the Saudis think. This won't be a standard house show.

You'll see the lower card guys eliminating themselves rather than have to pay the excess baggage for that trophy.

I can't see many surprises outside some of the agents, etc backstage.

I'm disappointed they've announced so many "surprise" entrants. I'm sure they'll have one or two genuine surprises, but it feels like the Rumble itself advertises surprises by it's nature. Did we need to know *Safety Spoilers*
    Jericho, or Shane, or Rey, or Henry
    (etc) were in it? It's literally titled "The Greatest Royal Rumble". It's obvious there'll be shocks...

• Advertisement

Paul Heyman also not going, with the situation seemingly linked to his being a Jew. :/

Advertisement