Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Guinness ad about Compton

Options
  • 19-03-2018 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

First of all I'd like to say that it's an amazing ad.
    When I say it first I was like "wow" but then when Guinness came on at the end I was like "wtf"

What on earth has Guinness got to do with a black man in Compton leaving a gang and rescuing horses?
    Guinness and Diaego create legal, mind altering, drugs which probably has a net overall negative affect on society.

Where do I go to complain about it? They did something similar with the Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas coming out as gay as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Checks calendar.

Confirms not April 1st.

Loses faith in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Where do I go to complain about it?

Obviously first port of call is Boards.ie. :rolleyes:

http://bfy.tw/HCGm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Asus X540L wrote: »
    First of all I'd like to say that it's an amazing ad.
    When I say it first I was like "wow" but then when Guinness came on at the end I was like "wtf"

What on earth has Guinness got to do with a black man in Compton leaving a gang and rescuing horses?
    Guinness and Diaego create legal, mind altering, drugs which probably has a net overall negative affect on society.

Where do I go to complain about it? They did something similar with the Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas coming out as gay as well.

I will just assume your joking about, just not very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They made it snow on Dublin as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The ASAI self-regulate advertising in Ireland. Though I’m not sure what are your grounds for complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Sounds like someone needs to be saved by a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Asus X540L wrote:
    What on earth has Guinness got to do with a black man in Compton leaving a gang and rescuing horses? Guinness and Diaego create legal, mind altering, drugs which probably has a net overall negative affect on society.

Absolutely hated this ad too. I did however realise it was an ad for Guinness immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Checks calendar.

Confirms not April 1st.

Loses faith in humanity.

He's from Cork. Aka home of Murphys and Beamish.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you can't get a decent pint of Guinness in South Central

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Guinness gave him strength.

The strength needed to leave the gang and rescue horses.

QED.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Regulations on alcohol advertising actually force this type of ad. All you are allowed do is remind people that your ad exists.

Alcohol advertising is regulated by the BAI; its one of the few categories with actual legislation behind it. You can complain to them if the ad was broadcast on an Irish-licenced TV station (RTE, TG4, TV3 group) but you will need an accurate exact date and time or else the complaint will be binned at the first instance. And realistically it meets all the legal requirements.

Complaining to the ASAI is pointless, for anything. They have zero powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

CeilingFly wrote:
    He's from Cork. Aka home of Murphys and Beamish.

Aka Heineken

Advertisement