Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2018 Joint Economic Report - US Congress (PDF page 211)

Options
  • 19-03-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

I'll just leave this... here.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Bad link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

FIXED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

ahhhh Jasus Grindle, 300+ pages

Anyone got a summary/bullet points?....it's been a heavy bank holiday weekend for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Holy moly, the title even says page 211! Only a 25-ish page read.
    No whitepapers being read in the Surprise household I'd say.

It points out the positive and negative aspects but is hugely positive and aware that this is still developing with the negatives being either human-related or due to the youth of the technology.
    This chapter of the Response discusses a particular technology— blockchain—that is not only nearly invulnerable to cyberattack but is revolutionizing the way the world conducts commerce and shares information.
    For cryptocurrencies and blockchain to further thrive,
    policymakers will need collaborative and innovative solutions that set the rules of the game without overly prescriptive regulations that constrain this emerging technology from reaching its full potential.

CONCLUSION
    Technology presents evolving challenges and generates new solutions. Blockchain technology essentially stores and transmits data securely, in large volume, and at high speeds. So far, the technology has proved largely resistant to hacking, and given this feature, developers first applied it to digital currencies. Yet blockchain has many more potential applications, such as portable medical records and securing the critical financial and energy infrastructure that the Report identified.
    Recommendations
    -
    Policymakers and the public should become more familiar with digital currencies and other uses of blockchain technology, which have a wide range of applications in the future.
    -
    Regulators should continue to coordinate among each other to guarantee coherent policy frameworks, definitions, and jurisdiction.
    -
    Policymakers, regulators, and entrepreneurs should continue to work together to ensure developers can deploy these new blockchain technologies quickly and in a manner that protects Americans from fraud, theft, and abuse, while ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
    -
    Government agencies at all levels should consider and examine new uses for this technology that could make the government more efficient in performing its functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

grindle wrote: »
    Holy moly, the title even says page 211! Only a 25-ish page read.
    No whitepapers being read in the Surprise household I'd say.

Sorry man.

I did warn you it was a heavy weekend. :p ... but seeing things a lot clearer this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement