Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlocation Service Gorey

Options
  • 19-03-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

The house we moved into a year or so ago has a perlocation area. Recently this has started to flood. Did a bit of investigation and the air compressor down there had burned out and was no longer working and kept causing the tripswitch and therefore wasn't taking the excess water away.

Should the air compressor be running 24/7 by the way as this one was I believe and I thought that was a little odd.

Can anyone recommend someone who can service perlocation areas in the Gorey area.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Oliver Murray in Craanford Gorey.
    I dont have number for him but if you phone Cooney communications (053) 942 8123 in Craanford they will have a number for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Navarre wrote: »
    Oliver Murray in Craanford Gorey.
    I dont have number for him but if you phone Cooney communications (053) 942 8123 in Craanford they will have a number for him.

+1 for Oliver Murry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

The pecolation area is usually where the water is pumped to ... so it can percolate through the percolation area. The septic tank usually has 2 pumps , one is an air pump that runs every second of the day, it pumps oxygen into the water area . The water area then has a sump pump that only runs when water level hits a predetermined level. This is the water thst ends up in the percolation area. Which pump has stopped working in your system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

secman wrote: »
    The pecolation area is usually where the water is pumped to ... so it can percolate through the percolation area. The septic tank usually has 2 pumps , one is an air pump that runs every second of the day, it pumps oxygen into the water area . The water area then has a sump pump that only runs when water level hits a predetermined level. This is the water thst ends up in the percolation area. Which pump has stopped working in your system ?

It's the former - the air pump has burned out. Sounds like replacing it is all that's required so?

Advertisement