Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying online

Options
  • 20-03-2018 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there,

This is probably a silly question, but I usually pay via direct debit.. if I wanted to pay the bill online as soon as I get it would that affect the direct debit?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi jc11,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Electric Ireland give the bank advance notice of between 5 and 7 working days prior to collection of a direct debit. Provided the bill is paid as soon as it has been received, this would be in time to prevent collection of the direct debit. Once the notification goes through to the bank, it cannot be withdrawn by Electric Ireland. If in doubt, we recommend contacting Electric Ireland prior to making payment to make sure the request has not been sent to the bank.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement