Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge to card

Options
  • 20-03-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi there
     I booked a hotel 4 weeks ago and last week lost my card and reported it straight away. 
      I've gone to cancel my hotel booking but am wondering can my card now reported lost and 
      new one issued still be charged ? Thank u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    Hi there
     I booked a hotel 4 weeks ago and last week lost my card and reported it straight away. 
      I've gone to cancel my hotel booking but am wondering can my card now reported lost and 
      new one issued still be charged ? Thank u.

No, bit crappy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

No, bit crappy though.

Sorry, what's crappy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    Sorry, what's crappy?

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you was trying to avoid a charge, apologies if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you was trying to avoid a charge, apologies if not.[/quote

Nothing to avoid as such as I've given over a weeks notice, booking.com have said it's fine but also said the hotel in question may charge a small cancellation fee but told them the card was lost and cancenlled and the terms and conditions state clearly 48 hrs notice should suffice but I trust no one ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Mzo1978,

Thanks for your post.

If the card used the make the booking has been cancelled the hotel won't be able to put through a new transaction on those old card details.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement