Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 ceiling speakers in 5 rooms

• 20-03-2018 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi I have an old system of wired ceiling speakers. 2 speakers in each room.

What are the best uses of this apart from background music of course. Can I buy something "smart amp" or upgrade the system to have sound zones that I can control on my phone?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭builder007

No ideas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

Its difficult for someone to offer you any help because its not clear what you have installed or what you want to do with it. Individual smart speakers (Sonos, Heos, Apple Google Amazon) are used increasingly for multi room setups as different sources can be cast or played on them from web sources.

Are all the speakers wired up, are all the wires brought back to a central location ? Have you checked if the speakers are usual retail equipment or commercial 100v ? (The brand and model of speaker will tell you this)
    What do you want to achieve with the speakers, what do you want to be able to play and where and how do you want to be able to play it ? What equipment do you already have ? What budget do you have to achieve your desired outcome ?

Multi-room stuff is not my area so its unlikely that I could offer you assistance but answers to the above questions might enable someone else to pitch in with advice.

Mod Comment

Retailers, shills etc, stay out of this thread (and the forum for that matter).

/Mod Hat Off

Cheers,

Ritz.

Advertisement