Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sober, fun things to do by oneself in Dublin?

• 20-03-2018 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I know similar posts like this have appeared here recently but I’m looking for sober and ideally free things to do by myself in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

It's going to cost about 3.30e on the dart out there but a walk around Howth Head is always great. Beautiful views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Take the DART to Greystones , the trip between Bray and Greystones is lovely . Have lunch in Greystones and head back on the DART to Howth for a walk . Or just as far as Dun Laoire and walk the pier

Go to the Phoenix park and see the wild deer

All National Museum and Art Galleries are free too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

_ratm wrote: »
    It's going to cost about 3.30e on the dart out there but a walk around Howth Head is always great. Beautiful views.

Thanks for that. The dart could be handy but I could always drive out there but maybe parking is an issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Danye wrote: »
    Thanks for that. The dart could be handy but I could always drive out there but maybe parking is an issue?

loads of parking and all free in Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Danye wrote: »

You could also drive and park at the dart ;) Especially if it's an off-peak time. I walked to the train last week and took the dart to Killiney - the feeling stepping off the dart and taking a breath of that salty sea air is amazing and something I hadn't felt in a long while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Lots of good restaurants around bray and greystones. There's also an outdoor market in Dun Laoghaire I think it's on su days. Not sure if they close for winter but you should be able to google it, lots of different food stands. Have you a dog? Or can you borrow one? So many lovely walks that are even better with a dog along a lot of the beaches and woodlands. Or maybe try horse riding or archery?

Advertisement