Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake job listing and Same Name service

Options
  • 20-03-2018 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    2 issues I'd appreciate any advice on:

1) I got 2 application emails about a job that doesn't exist. One mentioned they saw it on indeed, and having just checked indeed, I see searching for VanTasks the job listing, which I never posted?

Is this some kind of scam and how is it meant to work? Has anyone ever dealt with similar before?

2) There's 2 pages on facebook offering similar services and also with "VanTasks" in their name. I'm hoping they'll be accommodating with any request, but what grounds would I have, if any, to request them to change the name?

Any feedback on either of the above would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

look at the dates of registration of the business names. But realise that any legal action in this area is protracted, costly and usually futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

All that is true, but if you value the name, you need to protect it. If you don't, you risk losing whatever rights you have in relation to it.

Advertisement