Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BuyGameCredit.com

Options
  • 20-03-2018 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Looks like this website has shut down. My son used it to spend his unused phone credit on Xbox €

Anyone know of any alternatives, or is that option completely gone now?

Was it not legit?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I used it every month too, not aware of any alternatives unfortunately. I think it was legit but they've not given a reason for the shut down.

My guess it's the phone companies that put a stop to it as I could never understand what was in it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I could never understand what was in it for them.

People on billpay racking up massive bills?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bigphil2 wrote: »
    People on billpay racking up massive bills?

Could you use it with billpay? I only ever used it with pay as you go so it was essentially free Xbox credit every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Could you use it with billpay? I only ever used it with pay as you go so it was essentially free Xbox credit every month.

Yeah,you have a certain credit limit over what your monthly plan is..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You had a €30 limit per month on what you can pay with your bill/credit afaik. The website shut down due to cyberfraud, chargeback fees from fraudulent credit card purchases are crazy high I've seen numbers as high as a $35 fee per transaction being thrown around.

Those chargeback fees are as bad as the criminals, pay 3rd party company to make sure your payments are secure, get charged by said 3rd party payment provider when they pass a fraudulent payment and it gets bounced back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Is a pain alright.
    Was the perfect way to use up that ever increasing top up amount on your phone. :(
    Hopefully a new system will be forthcoming in the not too distant future.

Advertisement