Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot turn off "Instant email notification"

Options
  • 20-03-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

I go to My Settings -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> Change to "Do not follow" -> Click "Save Changes".

It says "Changes Saved", however I keep receiving e-mails and if I return to My Settings -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode I can see "Instant email notification" has been re-enabled.

macOS 10.13.3 & Chrome 65.0.3325.162.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I was able to disable "Instant email notification" using the legacy website.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I can't comment on the main issue, but you may want to be aware that the change (once it sticks) isn't retroactively applied to any pre-existing subscribed threads.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I hope that you have resolved the setting for future notifications. As Spear says, you will need to alter your subscription settings for threads that you currently follow. You can do so here. Tick the boxes to the side of threads that you follow and use the dropdown menu at the end of the page to update your subscription type. You will need to use the Legacy Site for this.

Advertisement