Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really large bra sizes needed

• 20-03-2018 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anybody help w with purchasing size 38L/M/N bras, both for my daughter and myself. Most shops and makes don't sell anything in these sizes (cup size depends on the style) and I am fed up with having to wash and dry my last bra daily because I can't find any shops in Dublin that sell this large. I now our old shop had plenty of customers who bought these sizes and they must be buying their bras somewhere now the shop has closed. If you are one of them or know one of them please help, we really are becoming desperate.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Firstly, I'd suggest checking your size again using this very accurate calculator: http://abrathatfits.org/calculator.php. There's some brilliant information about your fit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide

The reason I say this are two-fold:

1. You describe particularly unusual sizes, so it's best to be 100% sure of what size you need before paying (presumably) a lot of money for it;
    2. The shape of your breasts will have an influence of what type of cup will work best, and this can help if you're buying online.

It only takes 5 minutes and is so worth it!

From the guide listed above, you can find a table for stockists of bras by pretty much every size (https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/bradata). From that, the following information relates to the sizes you asked about:

- No stockists are listed for 38L
    - 38M has the following:

Ewa Michalak (size 85M / 38M) - this size may cost extra. Email to ask about the bra you want

Impimi (size 85T)

Jeunique (size 38K)

Custom Fit Bra Company (size 38JJ)

- 38N has nothing.

Also, you've excluded 38 LL and MM from your list. Is there a a reason why? If you didn't realise that they existed, it's another reason to measure yourself again! :). Looks like there's two cup sizes in difference between an L and an M, which might be part of why you're experiencing such a variation in fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ivlia

Thanks for the sites. I use the bra measurement site and according to that I am a 42L, which is several cup sizes larger and 2 band sizes larger. As even a 40 band size is loose there must be an anomaly somewhere, maybe I'm just an odd size. The other link for shops that sell larger sizes wouldn't work but I'll try again later. I did find that the shop we used to buy from now has a limited on-line shop so I have contacted them to see if we can shop that way as we know the sizes and style that fit. The problem is that many manufacturers seem to have their own sizes, I know that the shop we used warned that even different styles would fit in different sizes, and my daughter does have 4 different styles and they are in 3 different sizes so there is something to it. I suppose the lesson is unless you know which manufacturer, style and size you are you need to be measured each time, a problem when so few land based shops carry sizes bigger than 38DD.. I am currently hoping that I can shop through the on-line outlet of the company whose styles and sizes I know will fit but the chart was interesting to try. I am going to measure my daughter and see what she takes as sizes range from a 36K to a 40M with a 38L and N in between, and that is all within the same manufacturer, just different ranges. Some sort of conformity between designers would be really useful, that way there wouldn't be such a problem for shoppers and online shopping would be easy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Can you drive?

It would be worth a visit to Bravissimo in Belfast.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I'd definitely suggest a trip to a Bravissimo store. They're experts in larger boobs, and would hopefully be able to help you out. I totally agree about the lack of conformity - it makes online shopping a nightmare for bras!

Advertisement