Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options
  • 20-03-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone know when they will get in contact, for the interview stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emoore1223

tooler12 wrote: »
    Anyone know when they will get in contact, for the interview stage?

I've heard nothing as of yet, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marky1994

emoore1223 wrote: »
    I've heard nothing as of yet, have you?

Have ye heard anything back yet?

marky1994 wrote: »
    Have ye heard anything back yet?

Not a peep, don't know if everyone is the same or if I wasn't successful. They said interviews were to be held in June so they should be near enough finished with compiling results. For me, it's getting to the stage where I'm anxious to hear one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marky1994

Not a peep, don't know if everyone is the same or if I wasn't successful. They said interviews were to be held in June so they should be near enough finished with compiling results. For me, it's getting to the stage where I'm anxious to hear one way or the other

I've heard nothing either. I'm the same I'd rather hear soon whether I'm succecful or not.

marky1994 wrote: »
    I've heard nothing either. I'm the same I'd rather hear soon whether I'm succecful or not.

Just put us out of our misery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jliz

Received an email on Thursday, have an interview in May

jliz wrote: »
    Received an email on Thursday, have an interview in May

Fair play, best of luck with the interview. Would you mind telling us what email address the email was sent from so we can keep an eye out for the email? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

Fair play, best of luck with the interview. Would you mind telling us what email address the email was sent from so we can keep an eye out for the email? Thanks

I'm taking it first round is gone out. So I'm not holding out much look anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jliz

Thanks. It was fairly clear what the subject of the email was ,you wouldn't miss it in your inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gramojo

My son recieved an email 3 days ago but cant make the interview as he has a leaving cert practical exam on the same day. Can the interview be changed? Also what are the chances of being kept on post qualification do the esb keep there apprentices? Best of luck to all of ye ×

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Gramojo wrote: »
    My son recieved an email 3 days ago but cant make the interview as he has a leaving cert practical exam on the same day. Can the interview be changed?

For circumstances such as this I very much doubt it would be an issue. However he should contact the ESB immediately to reschedule.
    Also what are the chances of being kept on post qualification do the esb keep there apprentices?

I don’t think you get keep many on post apprenticeship but am open to correction. Perhaps someone else can comment. Either way this is one of the better electrical apprenticeships in my opinion so it shouldn’t be too difficult for your son to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

All apprentices are being kept on after finishing their time. Last year they committed to taking on 300 over 5 years so this is year 2 of that process.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Luckysasha wrote: »
    All apprentices are being kept on after finishing their time. Last year they committed to taking on 300 over 5 years so this is year 2 of that process.

That's not true, no one is guaranteed a job after completing their apprenticeship.

Hmmmm I’m fairly sure I’m right. What are you basing your statement on please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

So if your s**t at your job your saying they,ll be keeping everyone on after there apprenticeship?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

From what I hear it's not easy to pass. You dont just show up and pass. There exams in different phases. It's the same as any other electrical apprenticeship if I'm not mistaken.

honda boi wrote: »
    So if your s**t at your job your saying they,ll be keeping everyone on after there apprenticeship?

Obviously HR will review your apprenticeship with whichever managers and supervisors you worked under whilst serving your time and get recommendations from them as to weather you would be a good fit for the company or not. You basically have to interview for your position at the end of your apprenticeship.

And yes there are exams to pass but the FAS side of things are exactly the same for every electrical apprentice regardless of who you work for. The only difference in your apprenticeship will be the “on the job” phases where you will work in a different section of ESB every six months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Obviously HR will review your apprenticeship with whichever managers and supervisors you worked under whilst serving your time and get recommendations from them as to weather you would be a good fit for the company or not. You basically have to interview for your position at the end of your apprenticeship.

And yes there are exams to pass but the FAS side of things are exactly the same for every electrical apprentice regardless of who you work for. The only difference in your apprenticeship will be the “on the job” phases where you will work in a different section of ESB every six months or so.

There prob no guarantees, but in the current climate it would be harder to be let
    go than kept on.
    great apprenticeship and prob as good as you'll get in Ireland from an electrical point of view as you say constant moving thru the sections
    Most of my year were kept on but previous year none were
    so can be pot luck
    having said that lots of opportunities with ESB apprenticeship on CV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

what's the pension like in ESB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Darren.857

Lads I ****ed the aptitude test, can I make a new email and apply will the find out ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement