Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Battery for an iPhone 5s

Options
  • 20-03-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Any recommendations of where can replace an iPhone 5s battery? Preferably in Dublin/Kildare?

I went into an iConnect store, and they quoted €109 for it, and it's sent to the UK. I was hoping to replace the battery to prolong the life of the phone (which is working fine apart from the battery life) without having to spend too much money. A search online shows this place for example offering it for €40:

https://pairmobile.ie/product/iphone-5s-battery-replacement/

but I don't know if they're a good company to deal with or not.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any of the phone shops in town should be able do an equivalent job to the one you link to for that or less ... probably not going to be a genuine bat for that price though if that matters to you.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

At this stage I don't think a genuine battery is that important as lokg as it works? Could anyone recommend a good shop that they've had a good experience with? Preferably one that doesn't have to send the phone away?

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Buy a se and sell the old phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

jasonb wrote: »
    At this stage I don't think a genuine battery is that important as lokg as it works? Could anyone recommend a good shop that they've had a good experience with? Preferably one that doesn't have to send the phone away?

Thanks...

A non-genuine Apple battery will probably be not much better than what you have now...

I never found that third party batteries lasted very long.

• Advertisement

Interersting. At the moment the iPhone needs to be charged pretty much twice a day.

Regaridng buying an SE and selling the 5s, where would I buy an SE? Are we talking the Apple Store, or places like Adverts? 'Cos if it's the Apple Store, that defeats the purpose of trying to find a relatively cheap way of getting more life from this phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

jasonb wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I went into an iConnect store, and they quoted €109 for it, and it's sent to the UK.

Apple official rates currently are:
    https://support.apple.com/en-ie/iphone/repair/service/battery-power

iPhone SE,iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X € 29
    All other Models € 89

No need pay more than that.

And I've had good luck with third party batteries so far - any Ive fitted so far all have lasted the lifetime of the phone - try adverts.ie, someone there might fit it for you.

“Roll it back”

SE is cheap on contract at the moment because a new one is due.

I need to replace the oh 5s battery and I'll be going the Apple battery route. Because she doesn't want a bill plan either. Changed the battery in her 4 a couple of times. Don't think it lasted longer than a year. That said in a year the 5s will be very old.

Thanks for your comments. I reckon we’ll look at Adverts for a replacement battery and if that doesn’t work then we’ll look at a new SE. Thanks...

Just a little update. Got a replacement battery and tools on Adverts and replaced the battery last night. I'm comfortable enough with opening up electronics but it was a little awkward and nervy in places, especially trying to get the old battery out. But I got it done and so far it seems to be working fine. If I've managed to feck it up and haven't noticed yet, we'll just look at saving money for a new SE.

Thanks for all the help and advice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Is that battery still working well for you? Have you noticed a big difference? Can you link to where you got it on adverts (or PM) please. My iphone 5S is horrible battery life wise so thinking of going this route.

Advertisement