Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Problem

Options
  • 20-03-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas what is going on here?

My laptop won't turn on.

If it's on charge, the power button lights up but nothing happens.

If it's on battery, the power button doesn't light up nor does the laptop turn on.

The battery seems to be charged. Even if it wasn't charged, the laptop should still work when plugged in, yes?

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Hold down the power button for 20+ seconds.

Has the laptop been subject to any knocks/falls?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

degsie wrote: »
    Hold down the power button for 20+ seconds.

Has the laptop been subject to any knocks/falls?

No, the laptop has been well minded. I'll try hold down the power key for 20+ seconds and see what happens when I go home tonight.

Do I do that with the battery in, or out, on charge, or not on charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Have you tried removing the battery, then turning it on with just the charger plugged in? I've had an occasion where the battery was so bad that the laptop wouldn't turn on even with a charger connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

biketard wrote: »
    Have you tried removing the battery, then turning it on with just the charger plugged in? I've had an occasion where the battery was so bad that the laptop wouldn't turn on even with a charger connected.

No, I hadn't tried that. I'll give it a go later when I'm home. Thanks.

Advertisement