Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of Fraser Lost return item

Options
  • 20-03-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi All,

I bought an item on House of Fraser UK website for £35. It didn't fit so I returned it.

The House of Fraser receipt has a courier pick up option but this was only for UK customers using a company called "Collect +". For Irish customers there was a label to be cut out, attached to the package, and returned to House of Fraser, Freepost, F5019, Po Box 12362, Dublin 11.

I cut out the Dublin Freepost label and attached it to the small package. I went to the post office and the lady there said I could just put it in the post box outside. It fitted in to the post box no problem.

It's been a few weeks now and House of Fraser have no record of the return. They said they can do nothing because I have no proof of postage. Do An Post give receipts in these circumstances? I thought it was only for paid registered postage items.

Usually with clothing returns from other companies I've used, there is a courier pick up from your address so everything is recorded.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes, An Post will give a proof of posting. You should get one for all An Post returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

Thanks whiterebel. Lesson learned.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    Thanks whiterebel. Lesson learned.

Keep checking it, An Post is gone chronically slow on inbound parcels. Could be they are just as bad on outbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    put it in the post box outside. It fitted in to the post box no problem.

Normally they'd go in the parcel bag inside the PO (sometimes behind the counter, sometimes not) not the letterbox which is part of the mail system.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

ED E wrote: »
    Normally they'd go in the parcel bag inside the PO (sometimes behind the counter, sometimes not) not the letterbox which is part of the mail system.

Yeah I went into the post office (it's a small post office/corner shop). I should have approached the post office counter but met the lady who owns the shop. She said it was okay to put it into the box outside if it would fit. It did just about fit as it was a single item of clothing in a small package.

In retrospect, I should have gone to the post office counter and crucially should have gotten a slip showing proof of postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Wouldn't see it being a major issue being put in the postbox, when it was emptied if it was supposed to go with the parcels the post man would have just put it in with the parcels for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

A postal certificate can be given by An Post for free when returning items. It’s an unfair lesson to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I know this sounds stupid but are you sure you included the return slip in the package? Might be worth checking if they have received any parcels with no return slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

On two occasions they have lost my returns, i had proof of postage from An Post and they requested i scan the document and send e-mail to them.
    Once received they applied the correct refund/credit.
    Always ask for Proof of Postage!!!

Advertisement