Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could i use my parents utility bill for proof of address???

Options
  • 20-03-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I'm a 3rd level student looking to open my first ever bank account. I filled out the application online on the Bank Of Ireland website. I need to provide documentation to prove my address. So i need a utility bill of some sort. The problem is that i don't live independently, I live with my parents. Would i be able to use my parent's utility bill as a proof of address? If not, what could i use?

I would highly appreciate a quick response.

Many thanks,
    Andrei Deac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

To open an account you would need to provide a proof of address in your name. We can accept a letter or document from the CAO. If making the application two proof of address documents are needed but if you apply face to face in a branch you will only need one.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement