Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Club Projector

• 20-03-2018 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi, 
    I've already posted in the Home Entertainment thread Hoping someone can help me here as well?

Hope you can point me in the right direction, I'm a member of my local camera club and we're in the market for a new projector and screen. We would be using it to project still images along with the occasional video. We would need a portable screen (large one) as well. we'd also need a projector stand as well and a hardshell carrying case
    Budget is about €2500
    Any advice and suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Gumby

With a budget like that you are talking about the best Canon you can afford as they seem to be well liked if pricey, screen is more about practicality, a white screen of what ever size you think practical, many say don't get reflective. I'm in Enniscorthy CC we didn't have such a large budget so went for an Epson H722B which for it's cost is very good. I don't think you need a stand for the projector it's another thing to haul around most places have tables etc. you can if you get stuck sit it on the floor as the image shape can be easily corrected for distortion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Thanks for the advice Mr Gumby. Much Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prusselstown

Have you considered a 4k Oled T? Your budget would get you approximately 55" unit. As long as you keep the box it comes in, it is relatively easy to transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Can projectors at €2500 achieve decent colours and light levels?

I did a workshop on lightroom on a project and the colours were miles off from what I was actually doing vs what it looked like on my surface pro 3.
    Locations of the picture that were black on surface pro 3 screen were grey and bright on the project, it was not able to produce rich enough blacks.

For any normal club, project would not be an issue, but for photography related tasks, I would probably avoid projects, unless ye plan on catering extremely big turnouts that need the additional size.

Advertisement