Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts and words about old age

Options
  • 20-03-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

An old lady in sheffield, who was literally bent double with osteoporosis,whose world view was of the pavement, used to say, "There are always two men in my bedroom; Arthur Itis and Will Power."

It gets rather crowded in my small room too; three cats and these 2 obstreperous and insistent uninvited gatecrashers..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

“If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.”
    - Mae West

"Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you're aboard there's nothing you can do.”
    - Golda Meir

“Though aging reduces speed, it increases experience and understanding."
    - I forget who said it.

In our house we always say old age is not only honourable but a joy. If you can keep your physical and mental health it's no different to any other stage of life but with the bonus that's there's more time for ourselves, and we see the fruits of our labours - our families grown and successful, grandchildren, achievements in our previous careers that others now reap a benefit from and the freedom to try new things, or those things youth left no time for.

Advertisement