Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock code

Options
  • 20-03-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've been trying to get an unlock code for my phone since 16th February and i am getting a total run around. Has anyone actually succesfully got the code

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi busycar,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you could PM me with your full account details and make and model of the handset I will look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 13 busycar

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi busycar,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you could PM me with your full account details and make and model of the handset I will look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

PM sent Sarah

Thanks a million,

I have escalated this to the relevant department and I will get back to you as soon as I receive an update.

Sarah

Thanks a million,

I have escalated this to the relevant department and I will get back to you as soon as I receive an update.

Sarah

Well now another one bites the dust if previous form is anything to go by. In this day and age of instant messaging via email etc one would imagine a month to recieve a code is a tad excessive. Also if possible can you send me a number where to offically lodge a complaint about this issue.
    Kind Regards

Hi busycar,

I have escalated this to the manager of the department that deal with unlocking code requests in order to find out what has caused the delay and to to retrieve the unlocking code ASAP.

Due to the length of time that you have been waiting I have advised that this is a matter of urgency. I will ensure that I update you as soon as I receive a response.

In the meantime if you wish to make a formal complaint you can do so by clicking on the below link. Again I do sincerely apologise for the delay and inconvenience that this has caused. I will however do my very best to get this resolved for you.

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi busycar,

I have escalated this to the manager of the department that deal with unlocking code requests in order to find out what has caused the delay and to to retrieve the unlocking code ASAP.

Due to the length of time that you have been waiting I have advised that this is a matter of urgency. I will ensure that I update you as soon as I receive a response.

In the meantime if you wish to make a formal complaint you can do so by clicking on the below link. Again I do sincerely apologise for the delay and inconvenience that this has caused. I will however do my very best to get this resolved for you.

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Thanks,

Sarah

Many thanks Sarah
    Kind Regards

Hi Sarah.
    Any update on situation?

Hi busycar,

I have sent you on a PM with the unlocking provided by our administrations team. If you encounter any issues please get back to me immediately so I can assist.

Thanks,

Sarah

Well that's it. I've given up and admitted defeat . After waiting patiently..mostly... i have just gone and got phone unlocked in town. You know how long it took my wife to get it done? Less than 5min!! Sarah kindly tried to get me a code from the administration team and guess what... wait for punch line... it didn't work!!! I'm so sorry i didnt get it unlocked earlier in town... it would have saved a lot if hassle. But just a note of caution for anyone thinking of signing with Eir, DON'T. They rip you off, (After my conversations we did eventually get credited the money they took)coverage is awful if you are not in a town environ and the customer service is totally awful. Actually I would go as far as saying the staff are totally incompetent.

Hi busycar,

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help or obtain the correct code for you sooner.  I have relayed your feedback to the manager of the team in question in order to highlight this issue further.

Again my apologies,

Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement