Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Naas to Northwood Court, Santry

Options
  • 20-03-2018 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I live in Naas (Old town Demesne). I will be starting a new job in North wood Court, Santry. The hours will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

I am happy to drive part way and take public transport the rest of the way.

What would be best way to commute this route without spending a huge chunk of my day on the road/rail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If they could give 8am to 4pm hours, it would be a doddle for driving.

Public transport - Sallins to drumcondra by train, 41 bus to northwood. As Sallins is in shorthop zone, monthly tickets won't be too expensive and if company is part of taxsaver, they'll be cheaper still.

7.27 train, arriving drumcondra 8.08, 15min on bus. Sit at your desk 8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Callixtine

I have another query - if I was to drive from Naas to Northwood Business Campus AND wanted to avoid the M50 toll & the city centre - what would be a viable/reasonable route?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Callixtine wrote: »
    I have another query - if I was to drive from Naas to Northwood Business Campus AND wanted to avoid the M50 toll & the city centre - what would be a viable/reasonable route?

Guess you could get Dublin Coach to the airport and then the 41 from the airport to Northwood. Or alternatively you could cycle from Airport to Northwood from Airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

There is none in terms of viability.

If it was 9pm at night, I'd go red cow, kylemore road, ballyfermot, chaplelizod, phoenix park, ashtown, finglas, santry

Time value money gives m50 the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Motorbike, and be prepared to use alternative about 5 days a year (frost etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Naas -> N7 -> M50 north to N4 junction -> N4 to Chapelizod -> Castleknock -> back onto M50 northbound to Santry
    https://goo.gl/maps/PFoAYeU5qY12

or

Naas -> Clane -> Maynooth -> Dunboyne -> N3 -> M50 Northbound to Santry
    https://goo.gl/maps/nuK2TrnnvFD2

Advertisement