Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmover for 0.33 acres

Options
  • 21-03-2018 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Looking to purchase a mower soon.
    Have about 0.33 acres of flat lawn which was seeded last year as part of our new build.

I used my fathers push petrol mower for the half dozen cuts needed before winter set in.
    Took me about 2 hours per cut. I liked been able to walk at my own fairly fast pace with it.

Not interested in a ride on or automated mower.
    Budget is up to €700.
    Will collect grass and dump on site.

Options that are reliable, long lasting, easily serviceable, can walk fast with, has wide cut diameter, large collector bag, etc...
    And of course, options on best places to buy.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

I do garden maintenance and use push masports (for the most part). A Masport 500AL will last you forever. John McKenna in Glasnevin Ind estate deals them. Not sure what they'll cost. The ones i have i've had for 5/6 years now so haven't had recent need to pick another one up. If you're in Dublin, give them a ring and see what they'll do for you. They're sound to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 18,544 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Self propelled with a Briggs & Stratton or Honda engine.

I find the Castlegarden products excellent quality and long life, have a self propelled 19” close to 20years and a 36” ride on now maybe 14 years, both Castlefarden with Briggs and Stratton engines.
    Nothing but servicing required for either.
    Won’t break the bank either.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mashed13

Jumping in on the thread as it is not too old yet, looking for something very similar as op.

Except its for a little bit larger plot and wasn't sure between push and self propelled as I've hear self propelled ones might be bit too slow to operate (Only used electric previously)

I was looking at Husqvarna dealer in New ross they seem to stock quite a good range.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement