Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigeon shooting land wanted

• 21-03-2018 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just new to the shooting game well been shooting a few years but this year is my first year with my own gun most of the time when I’m shooting is with freinds on there permission just wondering if there was anybody on here that could point me in the way of getting my own permission for shooting what way to go about it thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭skipking

go to a few of the local farmers and ask them for permission. join a gun club maybe hard to get into most clubs. might be no harm in getting insurance as a lot of farmers look for it now.good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

skipking wrote: »
    go to a few of the local farmers and ask them for permission. join a gun club maybe hard to get into most clubs. might be no harm in getting insurance as a lot of farmers look for it now.good luck

All good suggestions, but I would respectfully suggest that getting insurance should be the first step.

Having evidence of insurance to hand when asking for permission and being able to offer it, before it's even asked for, can be a good move.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

garrettod wrote: »
    All good suggestions, but I would respectfully suggest that getting insurance should be the first step.

Having evidence of insurance to hand when asking for permission and being able to offer it, before it's even asked for, can be a good move.

Agree with the above. Wouldn't let anyone past the gate if they're not insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Geogo2365

jooksavage wrote: »
    Agree with the above. Wouldn't let anyone past the gate if they're not insured.

When I had to join a gun club will getting my license I paid insurance to the countryside alliance I think that’s what it was called have it in the house somewhere would that still cover me when out shooting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Geogo2365 wrote: »
    When I had to join a gun club will getting my license I paid insurance to the countryside alliance I think that’s what it was called have it in the house somewhere would that still cover me when out shooting ?

Not 100% but think should. Might want to check that cover isn't limited to club lands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Geogo2365 wrote: »

Why not shoot the pigeons on gun club land,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭skipking

if its still in date you should be ok mine covers the 32 counties. if a farmer says no to you let him know where you live
    and that you are willing to shoot crows or pigeons if they are damaging his crops .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Geogo2365

ronn wrote: »
    Why not shoot the pigeons on gun club land,?

The gun club I joined is a clay pigeon club i live in the city don’t dont even know where my nearest gun club would be

Advertisement