Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid direct debit fee

Options
  • 21-03-2018 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was charged an unpaid direct debit fee yesterday.

I always receive a text alert notifying me if there is a direct debit due that day allowing me to transfer money over from my other account, where I always have money.

I did not receive this text yesterday and I am not happy about the charge and do not think I should have been charged it.

Why did I not receive the alert?

Why offer such a service if it will not be consistent?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

yaddles wrote: »
    Hi,

I was charged an unpaid direct debit fee yesterday.

I always receive a text alert notifying me if there is a direct debit due that day allowing me to transfer money over from my other account, where I always have money.

I did not receive this text yesterday and I am not happy about the charge and do not think I should have been charged it.

Why did I not receive the alert?

Why offer such a service if it will not be consistent?

Thanks

Hi yaddles,

Thanks for your post.

The texts about potential unpaid direct debits is on a best endeavours basis and we would always recommend keeping a note of when payments are due to present. To look into why you didn't receive a text, please send an Ask a Question message from the Service Desk on 365 Online.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer4321

I have had the same issue this week. Have logged a query with your service desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Summer4321 wrote: »
    I have had the same issue this week. Have logged a query with your service desk.
    Hi Summer4321,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

Please be assured an advisor will be in touch through the service desk on 365 online with a reply to your query as soon as possible.

Do let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

Hi Summer4321,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

Please be assured an advisor will be in touch through the service desk on 365 online with a reply to your query as soon as possible.

Do let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

This happens to me too this week, I was charged €12.70 from bank of Ireland and also €15 from the company who didn’t get their money. I always get the text :-(

Advertisement