Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accountancy Practice Cert

• 21-03-2018 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am qualified IIPA with over 25 years experience of working in Accounts, Book-keeping and Finance Roles. Last year IIPA were taken over by or merged with CPA so I am now a member of CPA.

I'm currently on Career Break from public service to consider self employment. I am business savvy and also have a Business Degree from NUI. I am working in our family business and would like to start doing accounts for sole traders/farm accounts as an extra sideline and to complement income.

I have spoken with CPA and in order to do this I need a practice cert. Are there any accountants out there that I could shadow or who would take me under their wing to mentor me and supervise my work with a view to signing off on experience should it be satisfactory?
    In return, I can offer to do some accounts/book-keeping hours. I may also be interested in taking over a practice but would need to work alongside existing accountant for 2 years in order to get a practice cert.

I know this is a strange request but if you can assist I would really appreciate it. Also, I am open to suggestions. Based in South Mayo, but this should not be an obstacle with IT and also willing to travel. I also am very IT savvy, have experience in many packages and have studied Computer Science and Software Development with GMIT Galway.

All suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

I think cpa have a practice connect service which handles this kind of thing. Get on to practice advisory in cpa and you can place an add on their website.

Advertisement