Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What in hell's name is going on with the banking???!?!?!

Options
  • 21-03-2018 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Absolutely 100% done with our Bank of Ireland account. Moved over after our local Ulster Bank branch closed down and have regretted it ever since. We have literally had to resort to writing our income and expenditure down on paper and balancing it ourselves every single day because you guys seem to have absolutely no idea what you are doing. I have transactions from over one working week ago clearing in my account today and leaving me in debt, even though my bank balance has been in the black all week and these transactions, completed or in progress, are supposed to be "reflected in your balance". I am essentially paying BOI quarterly fees and an insane amount of unpaid direct debit charges because you have no idea how to keep track of my spending (sparse though it is). Last weekend I watched as my account lost 20 from a takeaway I had ordered the week before. The following morning there was an extra tenner in my account I could not account for. Then Monday morning, lo-and-behold, I was in minus figures despite not touching my account all weekend! 

This is despicable and utterly outrageous that, in this day and age, you cannot even provide me with an accurate bank balance at the end of each day.
    We have opened an account with AIB (which we should have done in the first place) and will be ceasing to avail of your so-called "services".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Absolutely 100% done with our Bank of Ireland account. Moved over after our local Ulster Bank branch closed down and have regretted it ever since. We have literally had to resort to writing our income and expenditure down on paper and balancing it ourselves every single day because you guys seem to have absolutely no idea what you are doing. I have transactions from over one working week ago clearing in my account today and leaving me in debt, even though my bank balance has been in the black all week and these transactions, completed or in progress, are supposed to be "reflected in your balance". I am essentially paying BOI quarterly fees and an insane amount of unpaid direct debit charges because you have no idea how to keep track of my spending (sparse though it is). Last weekend I watched as my account lost 20 from a takeaway I had ordered the week before. The following morning there was an extra tenner in my account I could not account for. Then Monday morning, lo-and-behold, I was in minus figures despite not touching my account all weekend! 

This is despicable and utterly outrageous that, in this day and age, you cannot even provide me with an accurate bank balance at the end of each day.
    We have opened an account with AIB (which we should have done in the first place) and will be ceasing to avail of your so-called "services".

Hi ShaShaBear,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and are considering closing your account. Card transactions will debit your account in full once the retailer has fully processed the transaction. We would always recommend that you keep a track of your spending in case a retailer should take longer than normal to complete payments and to avoid going over your limit.

We do hope you reconsider closing your accounts with us and if you should wish to raise a formal complaint, please see our complaints process here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Hi ShaShaBear,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and are considering closing your account. Card transactions will debit your account in full once the retailer has fully processed the transaction. We would always recommend that you keep a track of your spending in case a retailer should take longer than normal to complete payments and to avoid going over your limit.

We do hope you reconsider closing your accounts with us and if you should wish to raise a formal complaint, please see our complaints process here.

Thanks
    Tara
    That's just the problem - that should not be the case. If I spend money with my card, either online or in-store, there should be no more than a working day in delay in showing that balance on my account. It very specifically states that "transactions in progress" and "today's transactions" are reflected in my balance. Which means that the balance should reflect what I have spent. You've had several people today alone inform you that they are closing their accounts because this keeps happening. It shouldn't, and it doesn't elsewhere. 

Advertisement