Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Roaming now phone is asking for network unlock

Options
  • 21-03-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi. I was roaming abroad and now my phone is asking for a network unlock code even though I am back in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Jeffrey,

Did you use another network SIM in your phone whilst abroad and can you confirm the make and model of thr handset?

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Jeffrey,

Did you use another network SIM in your phone whilst abroad and can you confirm the make and model of thr handset?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Yes a Singaporean SIM was inserted.

Phone is a Samsung galaxy j3.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks.
    Hi Jeffrey Lebowski ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks.
    Hi Jeffrey Lebowski ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Did you ever use this phone in Ireland before?
    It’s possibly network locked to one of the Singapore networks and will not accept other SIMs.

It’s also possible that it has been updated and locked by the carrier when you used it on their network if it were unofficially unlocked.

You’d need to talk to the original supplier of the handset as the Irish network is only providing you with a SIM. They’ve no control over handsets that they didn’t sell.

If it’s an Eir or Meteor phone and its carrier locked all of a sudden, I would suggest bringing into one of their stores for help.

• Advertisement

Skedaddle wrote: »
    Did you ever use this phone in Ireland before?
    It’s possibly network locked to one of the Singapore networks and will not accept other SIMs.

It’s also possible that it has been updated and locked by the carrier when you used it on their network if it were unofficially unlocked.

You’d need to talk to the original supplier of the handset as the Irish network is only providing you with a SIM. They’ve no control over handsets that they didn’t sell.

If it’s an Eir or Meteor phone and its carrier locked all of a sudden, I would suggest bringing into one of their stores for help.
    Thanks for suggestion but its an eir handset, so I have contacted eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

It’s possible that something on the Singapore network has updated the software on the phone and relocked it to their network.

Hopefully the Eir unlock key works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks.
    Hi Jeffrey Lebowski ,

Thanks 

Thomas
    PM Sent
    I will get back to shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement