Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend Nice Quiet Hotel & Spa Treatment

• 21-03-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice, quiet hotel or area/location that would involve a Spa Treatment?

I was looking at Parknasilla and is a place I always wanted to head to, but looking at recent reviews, some guests have said it can be quiet noisey with kids running around and stuff. Now I'm not anti-family or kids in any way shape or form and hotels will cater for familys but im just looking if theres any hotels/resorts out there, where you can just chill and relax and switch off. Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice, quiet hotel or area/location that would involve a Spa Treatment?

I was looking at Parknasilla and is a place I always wanted to head to, but looking at recent reviews, some guests have said it can be quiet noisey with kids running around and stuff. Now I'm not anti-family or kids in any way shape or form and hotels will cater for familys but im just looking if theres any hotels/resorts out there, where you can just chill and relax and switch off. Cheers :)

Monart, Enniscorthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Monart sounds like the place for you. I don't dislike kids either but having to tolerate the noise from other people's kids does annoy me when I have managed to escape my own. No children are allowed in Monart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wineport outside Athlone is amazing. All rooms look out on the lake, breakfast and papers served to the rooms each morning. And not really child-friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jordata wrote: »
    Monart sounds like the place for you. I don't dislike kids either but having to tolerate the noise from other people's kids does annoy me when I have managed to escape my own. No children are allowed in Monart.

you don't have to excuse yourself for not wanting to go to a hotel without kids
    ;)

You should have plenty choice

I liked the Cliff House in Ardmore

Lyrath in KK supposed to be class aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

This sounds really weird as I live about two minutes away but the best two I went to recently were the castleknock hotel and dunboyne castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

amtc wrote: »
    This sounds really weird as I live about two minutes away but the best two I went to recently were the castleknock hotel and dunboyne castle.

Not weird, going to the lyrath in kilkenny and I’m from kilkenny, got a great deal b+b for €110 , was only there once, 8 years ago at a wedding. Have heard great reviews though.

Op, personally, I loved Monart, expensive but worth it. Thought Cliff House was over rated for the price. Harveys point is beautiful, not many , if any, kids there either. Loved The Europe in Killarney. Castlemartyr was overrated too imo.
    Druids Glen was nice, great buffet breakfast there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Op, personally, I loved Monart, expensive but worth it. Thought Cliff House was over rated for the price. Harveys point is beautiful, not many , if any, kids there either. Loved The Europe in Killarney. Castlemartyr was overrated too imo.
    Druids Glen was nice, great buffet breakfast there.
    Friends went to Druids Glen recently and were not impressed. Said the hotel was overrun with kids, and they were unable to have a proper swim in the pool as it was like a playground.
    Monart is amazing and sounds exactly what you are looking for OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

cee_jay wrote: »
    Friends went to Druids Glen recently and were not impressed. Said the hotel was overrun with kids, and they were unable to have a proper swim in the pool as it was like a playground.

I think the key to enjoying a nice hotel break in Ireland if you want quiet and relaxing, is to go mid week if possible during school term. Rates are cheaper also. We often go on a Sunday night, cheaper rates and only missing Monday in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We went to Parknasilla a couple of years ago midweek for 2 nights, was great! Got a good deal and no kids around the place. I've been there for lunch at weekends and it is a lot busier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Check out the K club in straffen in Kildare . Fab place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Skuxx

We're recently back from The Park in Kenmare. It's amazing. Certainly fits what you're looking for in my opinion. Such a relaxing place to spend a night or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The Europe or Aghadoe Height in Killarney are both fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

cee_jay wrote: »

There are a lot of kids there so it's not suitable for OP unless they go at a kid unlikely time BUT their pool has hours where kids are allowed and hours where they're banned. It's very easy to get a quiet swim kid free there.

For the OP, pretty much any hotel will be ok midweek when the schools are in session.
    Otherwise, Monart. Never made it there myself but everyone I know swears by monart.

Advertisement