Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BellX1

Options
  • 21-03-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of heading to the Bellies tonight. Neither am I gig.
    Is it all seating, or some standing. I see mention of tables on some forums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Theres a different album each night and different layout each night
    I did see a post on this when the tickets went onsale detailing which night was which but I cant find it now - sorry!
    Have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Cheers. Have to locate a ticket yet. But they are a few on toutless.
    Ya, I knew about the different album thing. I'd rather go tomorrow for Music in Mouth or Friday for Flock, but I can't make it those nights. So kinda stuck with tonight. But wouldn't be that keen if it's all seating around at tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Tonight is seated downstairs and then the seats in the balcony. I'm sure if you got a ticket you could stand down the back!

Ok. Thanks. Might head up to Vicar at bout 8, to see if tickets going. Don't really know the songs from the Neither am I. I suppose the other songs will be some of the hits - flame, rocky, deflector, bad skin day etc. Any other staples?? Do they play Eve any more. Used to love that tune. Or Tongue. Wish I could go tomorrow night instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

The Bell X1 Twitter account, all week, has been retweeting people who are selling spare tickets.

Which is cool, but there seems to be quite a few selling 4-6 tickets. Even if their intention wasn't to tout, I couldn't help but feel that these people are part of the problem.
    Six tickets and now none of those people can attend?
    Do they play Eve any more. Used to love that tune.
    I saw them a few years ago in Belfast, and when Dave began the opening strains of Eve it was the purest instance of audience silence I've ever witnessed at a gig.
    Incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Damien Rice turned up at the gig last night and sand a couple of songs with the band. I'm guessing it's the first time they've shared a stage since Juniper split up?

Saw the setlist earlier. Looks like it was quite a show. I thought they might have played about 8 songs more than the album. But there was 25 songs altogether listed on Setlist.com. Wish I had made more of an effort to get a ticket yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

What would be the chance of getting 2 tickets on the night. We wanted to go on Sunday night but can't make it up till Sunday evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

There was plenty of people outside the last 2 nights with extra tickets. You could get lucky for Sunday night.

Two great nights in Vicar Street. I'm a bit disappointed not to be going tonight but I can't justify buying anymore tickets!

It was the first time they were all together since Juniper! Damien Rice did sing on the recordings of Volcano and Face for Neither Am I so it was fitting he was there. I had thought he might turn up and was delighted he did!

fennor72 wrote: »
    What would be the chance of getting 2 tickets on the night. We wanted to go on Sunday night but can't make it up till Sunday evening .

Lots of activity on Toutless.com - selling tickets. I thought I wouldn't be able to go, but plans changed, and picked up ticket there. Looking forward to it now.

Bit tied for time this evening. For anyone that was there either Wed or last night, what time do they start approx. I know it's normally about 8.45 or 9 for gigs. But I don't want to get a surprise that they start at 8, and play a super long setlist. Would be massively disappointed to miss some of the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Lots of activity on Toutless.com - selling tickets. I thought I wouldn't be able to go, but plans changed, and picked up ticket there. Looking forward to it now.

Bit tied for time this evening. For anyone that was there either Wed or last night, what time do they start approx. I know it's normally about 8.45 or 9 for gigs. But I don't want to get a surprise that they start at 8, and play a super long setlist. Would be massively disappointed to miss some of the gig.

Fairly sure they posted on their Twitter that they're doing 8:30 starts.

Picked up a couple of tickets on Toutless for tonight earlier on. Good few going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Last night was incredible
    I was in the third row and everyone that was around me was there because they wanted to be there not just to go have drinks and chats with their mates. Full of geniune fans.
    I have tickets for tonight but I'm not feeling very well. Hoping it goes away so I can enjoy tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Was at the gig last night,wife got me tickets for my 30,my God they were brilliant...what an end to the gig, 2 and half hours flew by

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Was at the 1st and 2nd nights and they were absolutely fantastic. They were genuinely emotional about the whole thing, Paul had to let the crowd sing a bit of 'Snakes and Snakes' as he was holding back tears a bit. Crosby coming back I half expected but Rice was a big shock, a nice way they built it up as well with the 'knock on the door while they were rehearsing' joke. Another thing I took away from the gigs is how they haven't played 'Man on Mir' live more is a mystery, it sounds excellent live. They played it again the second night, I think realising themselves. 'In Every Sunflower' must have been quite an emotional song to play in these anniversary shows as well, beautiful as always.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Saw them on Flock night on Friday. Really great gig. Great size venue with a good crowd that were clearly all proper fans.

How they never made it bigger outside of Ireland is a mystery.

Advertisement