Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month old weaning schedule

• 21-03-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Looking for sample schedules for baby who's on week 3 now and we're starting to introduce the third meal. Lo has a moveable routine regarding sleep/ naps so it goes roughly :
    Wake 6.30/7 bottle
    Nap 60-90 mins after that for 45-60mins
    Breakfast 8.30/9ish
    Big nap - starts anything from 11-12.30 until 1-2 hrs later. She has been having 2nd bottle anytime between 2 and 3pm.
    3.30/4 ish - short nap for 30-60 mins.
    4.30/5 ish - second meal
    6.30/7 ish 3rd bottle
    7-8ish bed
    11.30/12 wakes for bottle

I can't decide when best do "middle meal". People talk about lunch being at 11.30. Am I better giving before big nap or after? Is it the case really that I'm feeding baby every 2 hrs ish? Seems like it!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

6:30/7 bottle and nap will drop to waking at 6:30/7 and having breakfast, then a nap about 90mins later..You will probably then have a bottle, lunch round 11:30/12, then big nap, then mid-afternoon bottle then "tea" in the evening, then bedtime bottle.
    You will find you are feeding her every couple of hours as she gets bigger and bottles phase out.Mid morning snack and mid afternoon snack quite normal, usually fruit or crackers or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Never had a schedule. Milk, be it breast or formula, is the main food until they turn one regardless.
    We did baby led weaning, basically finger food sized bites of what we ate. So at breakfast porridge fingers and fruit, lunch was soup and bread/salad/leftovers from dinner the night before and dinner was pieces of pasta/potato/meat/veggies. Didn't really do snacks until they got a bit older.
    Those kind of lists and times for everything sound like way more work and stress than helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We never did a schedule either. She nursed when she woke, and when she was finished we'd get up and have breakfast fairly soon after... May be 30 mins or so(?) Of porridge and banana (a full bowl) and then for a long time she'd go for a nap nearly straight away after that. Lunch and dinner were at normal times when we were having them and unless we were having spicy food she'd get a baby friendly version of what we were having. It worked out that we did baby lead weaning from 7/8 months on, her breakfast being the only meal we spoon fed for obvious reasons. We also didn't do snacks for ages either unless she was particularly hungry, but I was nursing her about times a day till she was about 10 months old (I think), first thing, after her morning nap, before her afternoon nap (although she didn't always take this) and bedtime.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

never bothered with a schedule.

he boobed, and ate when i ate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah it kind of develops over time.That kind of food I list would slowly add in up to a year and older, as they look for solids more and milk less.
    That said, you are still going to have days where they want no food and only want milk and that's totally normal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement