Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mardyke arena gym - outdoor changing facilities

Options
  • 21-03-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently joined the Mardyke gym, and I'm not sure about the usage of outdoor changing facilities.

On their website in the FAQ, they refer to indoor changing facilities but don't say where the outdoor ones are.

Q. What changing facilities are available in the Arena?

A. There are male and female changing areas for fitness gyms and for pool located on the ground floor of the complex.

Fitness gyms changing rooms are communal with communal shower areas. Banks of lockers are included in these rooms as are mirrors and hairdriers. Toilets are located adjacent to these facilities.

Pool changing areas - there is a main changing village located adjacent to the pool with individual and family changing cubicles. Male and female changing rooms are directly off this area (changing only - no showers). Open individual showers are located on the pool deck and closed cubicle showers are just off the main changing village area. Banks of lockers are located in the changing village and in the changing rooms. Toilets are located adjacent to the changing rooms.

The use of the indoor changing facilities is strictly reserved for Arena members who are using the indoor facilities only. The use of the indoor changing facilities by students/groups who are using the outdoor facilities is strictly forbidden.

When I'm looking out onto the track from the gym upstairs, I can see a building to the left, the Pavilion if I'm not mistaken, which seems to be a location for conferences?
    It doesn't seem like it also has room for changing rooms and showers and lockers.

I am aware that there are team changing rooms downstairs in the main Mardyke building, but they seem to be restricted to UCC teams (they require a number password to get into them).

So what do other people do to change for the outdoors? Do they arrive already changed into their outdoor gear? Where do they store their bags in that case?
    Or do they just 'sneak in and out of the indoor changing rooms, and perhaps the staff turn a blind eye, despite this not being allowed as stated on their website? It would seem weird that they would not enforce this rule but enforce another rule like the towel one.

Advertisement