Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good barbers in cork city?

Options
  • 21-03-2018 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey,

looking for a good hairdressers/barbers in cork city. Don't mind the price just tired of getting crap knacker haircuts from unskilled barbers :pac:

Thanks a bunch :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not sure about the actual city but if you can get to wilton shopping center theres a barbers there called Jeff Devine barbers just across from Jaye Taylors. They are pretty serious about their work (all the times I went anyway)

Karizma.........authentic Turkish barber shop
    karizma.ie/home
    Open 7 days a week at 58 Oliver Plunkett St., Douglas Village Cork and also on Daunt Square.

I've never gotten a bad haircut from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Not sure about the actual city but if you can get to wilton shopping center theres a barbers there called Jeff Devine barbers just across from Jaye Taylors. They are pretty serious about their work (all the times I went anyway)

Looked them up seems like a womans hairdressers on fb. But thanks

Augeo wrote: »
    Karizma.........authentic Turkish barber shop
    karizma.ie/home
    Open 7 days a week at 58 Oliver Plunkett St., Douglas Village Cork and also on Daunt Square.

I've never gotten a bad haircut from them :)

I've seen them in town alright seems busy enough. You think they'd be good for medium length hair? ... first time I grew my hair this long took awhile so I'm being abit cautious :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bladez near the court house maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Looked them up seems like a womans hairdressers

They have a barbers too, think it goes under a different name tho. Very high end.

• Advertisement

Bodrum's in the English market are pretty good. Been going there for years.

Looked them up seems like a womans hairdressers on fb. But thanks

Haha no. Jeff Devine own a women's hair dressers, female only hair dresser and a barber shop in Wilton. It's definitely not for women Its where I go :p but yeah fancier then others alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

Great Barbers

I've seen them in town alright seems busy enough. You think they'd be good for medium length hair? ... first time I grew my hair this long took awhile so I'm being abit cautious :pac:

Yup.....just tell them what you want. They listen really attentively and will ask as they go regarding length etc.

Haha no. Jeff Devine own a women's hair dressers, female only hair dresser and a barber shop in Wilton. It's definitely not for women Its where I go :p but yeah fancier then others alright.

Could give them a try I live closer to Wilton but trying to find anything online about them but can't seem to find anything :confused:

• Advertisement

Could give them a try I live closer to Wilton but trying to find anything online about them but can't seem to find anything :confused:

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Devine-Barbershop-1005545252863818/

They are called 'Devine Man Barbershop'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I use KB Barbers in Togher across from centra with no issues, get a great shave there topic needed and they do your locks etc with the cut throat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Tom Winters barber on North Main Street.
    Absolutely top class, nothing in the city or county comes close, literally.
    You need to book through the Booksy app, his prices are excellent, the experience is awesome and the work is outstanding.

It's a great addition to the street along with the Priory coffee shop nextdoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

11214 wrote: »
    You need to book through the Booksy app, his prices are excellent, the experience is awesome and the work is outstanding.

Yep cannot get better! He's doing walk ins now too if you can't get a booking, though it's with a new guy who I haven't been to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rocheyk1

The Grafton Barbers in the city centre (there's 2 shops) French Church street and Princes street. I go there all the time now. Used go to bladez but this place is better. ask for Lidija (Lydia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Yep cannot get better! He's doing walk ins now too if you can't get a booking, though it's with a new guy who I haven't been to yet.

I prefer to book, find it dead handy.

To anyone not sold on the place I forgot to mention the complimentary coffee, craft beer or some fine whiskey from Middleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Hey,

looking for a good hairdressers/barbers in cork city. Don't mind the price just tired of getting crap knacker haircuts from unskilled barbers :pac:

Thanks a bunch :D

Google Grafton Barbour I think they've opened up a shop in Cork

I go to the Grafton Barbour in Galway and I live in Clare..

Well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

rocheyk1 wrote: »
    The Grafton Barbers in the city centre (there's 2 shops) French Church street and Princes street. I go there all the time now. Used go to bladez but this place is better. ask for Lidija (Lydia)

You got there before me, they're in Galway too

bizz213 wrote: »
    Great Barbers

Looked them up seem promising.I'll probably go with them. Thanks for the recommendation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bladez must be one of the most consistent barbers in Cork, is it still owned by the same woman?

We'll be talking to our kids about it like our Dad's spoke about the Baldy Barber!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Take a spin to Carrigaline, Kusadasi are the best in the business, all the guys can do a great haircut, and to finish set your ears on fire !!!!!

They are located on the Main Street just before SuperValu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

11214 wrote: »

+1. My boyfriend goes here and loves the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Lia_lia wrote: »
    +1. My boyfriend goes here and loves the place.

Live in Dublin but will be home for weekend. Have booked in here. I like me fancy barbers and this is the first of its kind in Cork.

Advertisement