Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitness question

• 21-03-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi folks can someone tell me what level of fitness should have before considering joining a running a club e.g how long should a person be able to run for before joining a club with other runner. TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

u2fanatic wrote:
    Hi folks can someone tell me what level of fitness should have before considering joining a running a club e.g how long should a person be able to run for before joining a club with other runner. TIA

All levels of fitness in running clubs just go and join. They will put you in a group that suits your abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

u2fanatic wrote: »

Depends on the club, but many clubs would be able to cater for 5k in 30 minutes, or thereabouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Some clubs have a fit4life section for those who run 5km in 30 mins or more or just for people who aren't competitive and want the bit of exercise and social aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

You don't get fit to join a club. You join a club to get fit....

My club does all of its training on laps or out and back circuits (for tempos) so everyone does the same amount of running timewise but distance varies by ability.

Advertisement