Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulcher handle

Options
  • 21-03-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any experience with Honda HRX537VYE able to help me out?
    Basically the clip director knob for moving mulcher in and out of position has come away
    The screws move have loosened over time and fell off
    It seems quite awkward to access to screw back in without taking of casing ?

Comments

km79 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with Honda HRX537VYE able to help me out?
    Basically the clip director knob for moving mulcher in and out of position has come away
    The screws move have loosened over time and fell off
    It seems quite awkward to access to screw back in without taking of casing ?

I have this mower. I'll be cleaning it this evening. What exactly do you need to know? Where the screw goes in?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have this mower. I'll be cleaning it this evening. What exactly do you need to know? Where the screw goes in?

Thanks
    I know where the screw goes in (will need to locate one though)
    It's access to the screws that's the issue
    Looks tricky to get to them

Actually can you check if there is a nut below the screw please
    Also is there a bolt on top in the position before the screw

I really should have posted a photo but I'm away for the day
    Thanks

IMG_20180322_133847.jpg

Remove the three black nuts on top.

IMG_20180322_133707.jpg

The chord housing lifts off as above You can then lift the red casing. it will still be attached to the fuel system but you can lift it enough to gain access

IMG_20180322_133637.jpg

Easy access to the bolt.

IMG_20180322_135026.jpg

Never checked the size but id guess its 10mm and has a nut on the back. the dealer should have one

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Spot on thanks a million

Advertisement