Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming chair

Options
  • 21-03-2018 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Am looking for some advice on a decent gaming chair.My 99 euro pc world chair is starting to get wobbly and its time for a change, its lasted 6 years at this stage.

Im 6ft tall so need something sturdy enough.

I had a dig around here for similar threads but couldnt find anything recent.
    Are the go to chairs still the noblechair epic and the vertigear offerings?

Budget is 200-300stg max, based on the fact it should last a good , I dont want to spend over this.

Any suggestions from owners who have had their chairs for a while would be greatly received.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Both myself and the missus have Noblechairs Epic. Amazing seats. They weigh about 30kg themselves so they're more than sturdy enough. Incredibly comfy and really good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I actually have a DX Racer F-Series chair I'm not using any more, if it's of any interest to you. This one, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have a noble chair and they’re excellent kit. Have mine over a year and it still looks brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Both myself and the missus have Noblechairs Epic. Amazing seats. They weigh about 30kg themselves so they're more than sturdy enough. Incredibly comfy and really good quality.

I'd second this.

I've recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, in short, its pain of the muscles its pretty appalling but my noble epic is the most comfortable chair in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

I've planned to purchase a Noble Icon chair this week from Overclockers UK. The chair is actually on their weekly offers this week for 30 pounds less. At least this saving covers the shipping costs. Top class chair by all accounts for about a euro a day. Surely my back is worth that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Serephucus wrote: »
    I actually have a DX Racer F-Series chair I'm not using any more, if it's of any interest to you. This one, I think.

I have one of these as well and they're pretty fantastic. Prior to this I only ever had sort of cheapo chairs and the difference is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Looking at some of the chairs on overclockers, gas thing is that they appear to be too heavy to deliver to Ireland.
    Addresspal don't do deliveries over 20kg, must ask ocuk about the box size to see if PM will do it and not cost me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

strange..i ordered my noblechair from overclockers. That bloody thing weighed a ton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Looking at some of the chairs on overclockers, gas thing is that they appear to be too heavy to deliver to Ireland.
    Addresspal don't do deliveries over 20kg, must ask ocuk about the box size to see if PM will do it and not cost me a fortune.

Why do you say that? I've gotten deliveries off OCUK well over 20kg before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Oddly worked without an issue this morning, I must have missed something I was supposed to click last night.
    Thanks all.

Went with the noblechair icon in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Serephucus wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this thread but if the op is not interested, if your selling it wanna put it up on Adverts as I may be interested?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you can afford it, an Aeron is the business :) Had them in work in my last job, the comfort is great and even for a fat man like me, it was solid. There's even an Irish second hand/refurb seller that you might get a bargain from: https://usedaeronireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As someone currently sitting on an Aeron, I have to agree.
    There's a reason I'm selling my DX Racer that I don't use any more. ;)

Advertisement