Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol - May Irish Tour

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tried to get standing tickets for dublin just there and they cant all be gone yet :mad:

Now its coming up sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Tried to get standing tickets for dublin just there and they cant all be gone yet :mad:
    I got told only 15 restricted view seating tickets were going on sale for Dublin this morning and none were together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'd imagine they sold out to people who bought the album. It was a decent deal really, €11 album and get the right to buy 2 tickets, not surprised it sold out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Refreshed my comp at exactly 10am, went straight for two tickets (any area)....all sold out. Somethings not right here :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Same thing, on at the dot of ten and told sold out.

Can they sell all tickets on a presale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ricimaki

A few of us were trying to get tickets for Galway. 2 of us got them, but the other 2 didn't. We were all on at the same time. Seemed to sell out very fast. Still available in Kerry though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Refreshed my comp at exactly 10am, went straight for two tickets (any area)....all sold out. Somethings not right here :/
    Something is never right. They should be made put exactly how many tickets are going onsale etc, I've seen Springsteen in Croke Park sell out in less than 3 minutes which is impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They sold out nearly all of the tickets in presale ,its the normal practice now.
    Sell them all in presale ,then general sale sells out in seconds and huge hype is created .
    That is what the bands want as they will come back later in the year and play bigger venues and people will rush out to buy.

General sale is a joke for these small events .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say there must have been about 10 tickets left onsale this morning. Yea i picked standing first and it came up only circle tickets available . then searched again and got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Went into a shop this morning to get tickets and as soon as they went on sale at 10am he said they were all gone! So annoyed 😡

• Advertisement

Noel Rock will be out of his box soon to rave about all the tickets up on Viagogo and Seatwave and how all the touts are buying up the tickets .
    Oh wait there are none .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they sold out to people who bought the album. It was a decent deal really, €11 album and get the right to buy 2 tickets, not surprised it sold out yesterday

You didn’t even have to buy the album.

Killarney still has tickets if anyone wants to see the band in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I pre bought the album through the link posted earlier for universal store and never got a presale code and this morning was just a disaster, gonna cancel the album now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

mightyreds wrote: »
    I pre bought the album through the link posted earlier for universal store and never got a presale code and this morning was just a disaster, gonna cancel the album now.

When did you buy album? You had to buy it before 5pm on Tuesday I think or sign up to their new mailing list link before then to get the code

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Shlippery wrote: »
    When did you buy album? You had to buy it before 5pm on Tuesday I think or sign up to their new mailing list link before then to get the code

:(

Did it last week sometime getting it through the universal store messed up something I think, I realised when it was too late I could of signed up to the mailing list on the snow patrol website , up till then I thought I was signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

mightyreds wrote: »
    Did it last week sometime getting it through the universal store messed up something I think, I realised when it was too late I could of signed up to the mailing list on the snow patrol website , up till then I thought I was signed up

I have been on the mailing list since 2004 but only people that pre ordered the album got the code
    It wasnt a mailing list pre sale - for want of a better word
    Just for people that pre ordered before the cut off time / signed up to the database again using the no purchase necessary link

They sold out nearly all of the tickets in presale ,its the normal practice now.
    Sell them all in presale ,then general sale sells out in seconds and huge hype is created .
    That is what the bands want as they will come back later in the year and play bigger venues and people will rush out to buy.

General sale is a joke for these small events .

To be fair they havent had an album out in 7 years
    To the really big fans thats a long long time and they were going to be very eager to get tickets and for the opportunity to see them in smaller venues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Some tickets left for Killarney if anyone is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Tickets for Cork arrived in the post yesterday!!

• Advertisement

Tickets for Cork arrived in the post yesterday!!

My friends Dublin ticket also arrived yesterday
    Nothing for me yet - hoping for some Fri Yay post when I get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gmannix1000

Anyone selling or know where I could get my hands on tickets for the Cork gig?

Anyone selling or know where I could get my hands on tickets for the Cork gig?

Toutless.ie might have some?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does anyone know the stage times tonight for Cork? Doors are at 7. I think it starts at 8 but I dunno if that is for support or Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

siblers wrote: »
    Does anyone know the stage times tonight for Cork? Doors are at 7. I think it starts at 8 but I dunno if that is for support or Snow Patrol

I'd guess that's for support. Then snow patrol on around 9. I'd call the opera house to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

siblers wrote: »

Support will start at 8 ,it always starts on time in the Opera House .
    Snow Patrol probably on 8.50-9.

Cool, thanks

Superb performance, flew by, were on for 9 and off by half 10. Played pretty much all the hits and 5 off the new album, crowd were excellent too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Absoutely fantastic in Cork last night. Really fabulous stuff.

Crowd were well up for it. New tracks sounded excellent live.

Gary and the band seemed really happy on stage. Great to have them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thoroughly enjoyable night at the Opera House.

The band were very relaxed and seemed to be enjoying the gig.
    The gig was a bit short at 87 minutes but thats to be expected as its an album launch tour.

The sound was superb ,nearly always is in the Opera House ,its a superb venue .

Advertisement