Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chinese in Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Couldn't give a crap if she's snarling at me as long as the food is good haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You are correct however that there are no authentic Chinese restaurants in Limerick and possibly Ireland).

Parnell Street in Dublin has plenty of Chinese restaurants providing authentic Chinese food, mostly to Chinese customers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

boomerang wrote: »
    Parnell Street in Dublin has plenty of Chinese restaurants providing authentic Chinese food, mostly to Chinese customers. :)

Pardon my ignorance for not being culturally inclined food wise (or ANY wise even), but what would authentic Chinese food actually constitute? I'm assuming an old plate of chips wouldn't be on the menu? If not then they can fe*k off cos I love my chips!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

jaxxx wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance for not being culturally inclined food wise (or ANY wise even), but what would authentic Chinese food actually constitute? I'm assuming an old plate of chips wouldn't be on the menu? If not then they can fe*k off cos I love my chips!! :D
    Every part of a chicken from tongue to feet and some good old fashioned dog meat thrown in!
    Ill stick to the 3 in 1 thanks!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

boomerang wrote: »

I can speak to that. Frequented one a few years back, and ordered a particularly hot dish.

They watched me eat it, in anticipation of a meltdown :D

A meltdown that did NOT arrive :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

jaxxx wrote: »

Traditional Chinese food obviously includes a lot of rice, different types of noodles, tofu etc.

Dumplings are the big thing you tend to get in decent places in this part of the world anyway - little parcels of beef, chicken, pork, veg etc. They are seriously tasty and a world away from the typical sugary saucy stuff you get off the regular menus. Not to say those dishes don't have their own charm.

Advertisement