Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm only on 84,000 hours for that badge, heh.

Got a shiny balloon Pikachu, so very happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Was making sure to do all the shuckle quests and I got a shiny one fairly quickly! Chuffed, hes great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

syboit wrote: »
    There's an infamous player here in Cork , "Jeff" he might be able to rival your hours, he constantly holds down part of the city with his 6 accounts!

I hate that nonsence, or players who defend the gym that can be reached from their home/place of work.

I mean once it gold what more do you want from it, if you want coins then chucking players out of the gym in your patch will only piss people off and you're less likely to get coins anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

phog wrote: »
    I hate that nonsence, or players who defend the gym that can be reached from their home/place of work.

I mean once it gold what more do you want from it, if you want coins then chucking players out of the gym in your patch will only piss people off and you're less likely to get coins anyway

Playing the game as designed (taking and maintaining control of gyms for your team) is a problem? Weird.
    And if you're not pissing off (by which I mean opposing and countering their in-game activities; actually getting pissed off about people playing the game is totally their own choice) the other teams then why have teams at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

How's everyone doing with the 50 excellent throws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

At 26 now. I seem to get about 1 excellent throw for every 6 or 7 mons I catch, so not expecting to get to the 50 by the end of the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Blitzed it on my Saturday walk. Mudkips working well for me, 2 out of every 3 throws or close to that. Hey, they did say it's for bragging rights :D

Can't remember what the reward was though. I've a shiny Spinda from Saturday so maybe that was it.

Don't think I'll be doing the 50 Excellent throws, can't even get 1. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

Eventually got the 50 excellent throws off 3 incenses,don't think I focused so hard on trying in ages but to me the Pokémon were more erratic then normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

matrim wrote: »
    At 26 now. I seem to get about 1 excellent throw for every 6 or 7 mons I catch, so not expecting to get to the 50 by the end of the event.

About the same, got a snover there that helped bag me 5 before he decided to be caught, bastard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I finished the excellent throws on the first day.

Got it done on Saturday. Took a while, but a decent streak of Mr Mimes helped a lot. That and mastering the excellent spearow throw.

Can't remember what the reward was though. I've a shiny Spinda from Saturday so maybe that was it.

500 XP, 500 Dust and a few balls I think.
    Really was bragging rights only.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Got it done Sunday. An extra challenge we were joking around with , try to complete the 50 excellent throws before you complete the catch 100. I failed, was doing fine but messed it up Sunday morning on a load of tailow and pidove. I did get a shiny pidove for my trouble though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm not even going to attempt the 50 excellent throws....I'm brutal at them!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Haha. I know my limits. Was actually surprised I got 15 after catching 50 pokemon.
    Im not consistent so have mentally abandoned this quest.
    As noted above would needs lots of Mimes to spawn or to be doing T5 raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oooh I love these quests, I got a shiny Aerodactyl, had wanted him for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Best in game news event ever

Prepare for Trouble
    Make it Double

Beat Giovanni last night after about six or seven attempts. His Persian now knowing Bite was an unwelcome surprise, considering Giratina had been my counter for that previously. And Suicune with ice moves is a bitch to try and counter; Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge is the best counter I managed but even with the resistance to ice moves it doesn't last too long.

Have 3/5 Team Leader wins needed to complete the GO Rocket event, faced Sierra twice but thankfully she didn't have her double Lapras team - one Lapras was plenty to go up against! Also beat Cliff once, and he was a pushover compared to Sierra and Giovanni. Have yet to find Arlo so don't know what kind of team he has this time around, he was hard enough as it was so I hope they haven't made him even more difficult!

Was kinda disappointed with the Jessie and James matches, was hoping Jessie would use Arbok and Wobbuffet and that James would use Weezing and Victreebel. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Beat Giovanni last night after about six or seven attempts. His Persian now knowing Bite was an unwelcome surprise, considering Giratina had been my counter for that previously. And Suicune with ice moves is a bitch to try and counter; Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge is the best counter I managed but even with the resistance to ice moves it doesn't last too long.

Have 3/5 Team Leader wins needed to complete the GO Rocket event, faced Sierra twice but thankfully she didn't have her double Lapras team - one Lapras was plenty to go up against! Also beat Cliff once, and he was a pushover compared to Sierra and Giovanni. Have yet to find Arlo so don't know what kind of team he has this time around, he was hard enough as it was so I hope they haven't made him even more difficult!

Was kinda disappointed with the Jessie and James matches, was hoping Jessie would use Arbok and Wobbuffet and that James would use Weezing and Victreebel. :p

I bumped into Arlo today and was able to beat him on the second attempt.
    The only thing I remember Homer is his first pokemon was the Pineco.
    I wasn't able to beat Giovanni. I cleared his Persian with a Machamp, but I can't figure how to beat his Garchomp. I thought I had a Mamoswine that could do the job but I don't and my Glaceon and Granbul aren't very strong to resist the attacks. I hope to meet him when he has a Dugtrio as I have a pretty decent Gyarados

I needed two melmetal and a Zekrom to beat Giovanni this time, I just encountered Sierra with Lapras, Lapras, houndoom, that was tough. I got through Arlo easier than I normally do. 1 more leader for "bragging rights". Completely eaten into my revives though

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I bumped into Arlo today and was able to beat him on the second attempt.
    The only thing I remember Homer is his first pokemon was the Pineco.
    I wasn't able to beat Giovanni. I cleared his Persian with a Machamp, but I can't figure how to beat his Garchomp. I thought I had a Mamoswine that could do the job but I don't and my Glaceon and Granbul aren't very strong to resist the attacks. I hope to meet him when he has a Dugtrio as I have a pretty decent Gyarados

A Pineco already makes him much easier, thst's a relief! Weird how Arlo only gets a Pineco and Cliff only gets Grimer but Sierra gets to lead with fecking Lapras?! Niantic clearly making up to Sierra for saddling her with a Beldum before! :pac:

Can't help too much on Garchomp I'm afraid, Giovanni had Nidoking when I faced him (and Groudon made light work of him!) The only Pokémon I can think of that would have 4x-resistance to dragon moves would be Mawile but even so I don't know if its stats would ever be high enough to take down an overpowered Garchomp (and of course you're ****ed if Garchomp knows any ground move at all!) Dazzling Gleam Togekiss is stronger than Mawile and has Ground-type resistance, but you only have 2x-dragon resistance, and it can be a bit slow. And I don't know if either of those can learn ice moves that you'd ideally want for the 4x-attack? Articuno is a strong ice attacker and probably bulkier than Glaceon or Mamoswine, it doesn't have any resistance to Dragon attacks though.

Try the r/pokemongo forum on Reddit, there are usually tips there for difficult battles.

ETA: If you know that Garchomp only knows Dragon moves, would either Alolan Sandshrew or Alolan Ninetales work as a counter?
    I needed two melmetal and a Zekrom to beat Giovanni this time, I just encountered Sierra with Lapras, Lapras, houndoom, that was tough. I got through Arlo easier than I normally do. 1 more leader for "bragging rights". Completely eaten into my revives though

What finally worked for me against Giovanni was sending in Hariyama against Persian, switching him out when fully charged, sending out Groudon to dispatch Nidoking, who is then of course instantly wiped out by Suicune. Magnezone to just about get Suicune down to the red before it too faints, and then finally Hariyama is sent out fully charged to finish the job (and survive by the skin of his teeth!)

How did you deal with double Lapras? I found getting rid of one per battle was tough enough! Giratina did the job for me against one that only knew water moves but the one with two ice moves is trickier.

I used the two melmetal again for the fast charging and electric, and a swampert for houndoom. Had to switch them a lot to gain tla small advantage, Very close and took several goes again.

Raid invites are live, and are gradually being rolled out through the levels.

Edit: open to level 32 and up, they've said they are leaving it there for the time being to monitor stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Finally won my first 5 star raid in beating Kyurem. After 12 balls I couldn't catch him and he fled. Devastated!

Now that raids are live would anyone be interested in doing a WhatsApp group for invites?

Do you need remote raid passes to be invited?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭glenjamin

matrim wrote: »
    Do you need remote raid passes to be invited?

I reckon so. 3 for 250 ain't bad.

Tip for the ten hearts research change your buddy task is done with three buddies in seconds

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    I reckon so. 3 for 250 ain't bad.

Takes me about a week to get that many coins. I hope the change it so the daily free one can be either a remote or normal pass

Advertisement