Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Getting a couple of Chespin and Fennekin, but Froakie rates are pretty dire in this.

Anyways, pretty huge event coming, including shiny Celebi: https://pokemongolive.com/post/movie2020/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Missed out on an Aerodactyl from a grunt.
    Couldn't beat her

She had Aerodactyl Snorlax Dragonite

Right - she came back with a Poliwrath instead of the Snorlax.

No joy despite. . (big sigh).. going against my principles and shelling out for extra max revives :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Explorer Hat Pikachu rather than Christmas hat is a weird one obviously a tie in to the event am hoping we do get a Santa hat one at some point and Jingle Bells Stantler and Delibird too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Explorer hat is just for a few days next week. I’d expect the usual lineup of festive Pokémon after that. Looking forward to guaranteed shiny Celebi aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Right - she came back with a Poliwrath instead of the Snorlax.

No joy despite. (big sigh).. going against my principles and shelling out for extra max revives :(

Cheapest way to beat a boss, once you know the defending pokemon, look for pokemon that you can catch in the wild at a high level and evolve them, don't worry about IV's, so for :
    Aerodactyl : (weak to rock, electric, ice, water) so a Rhyperior with smackdown, an electivire (all electirc moves), a Mamoswine (all ice) or a Swampert(all water) each had a comm day (will repeat next weekend) (all of these will take out the Aero, no probs

Snorlax : Machamp (with cross chop) or Lucario (difficult to get but brilliant for these battles) with power up punch.

Dragonite : Mamoswine (powder and avalanche)

Poliwrath : Eggexecutor (can use grass or psychic)

None of these are legendary, most have had a comm day, all are easy to get and a high cp catch mean it won't cost you any stardust or candy. If you can trade them en-mass til you get lucky even better.

Good luck

• Advertisement

Any tips for geting Excellent throws?

The tips on YouTube that involve "touch pokeball till circle goes to smallest.Then release.Then throw" don't seem to work

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Any tips for geting Excellent throws?

The tips on YouTube that involve "touch pokeball till circle goes to smallest.Then release.Then throw" don't seem to work
    Excellent circle is a percentage of the overall circle; hence look for the pokemons with big circles as the excellent circle will be the largest on them such as Wailmer etc. After that it's a question of working on consistency.

You can hold your finger on the ball (not spinning it) until the capture circle what you believe is the right size, remove your finger, wait until it goes into an attack animation and make your throw in the last .5s of the animation. Because it's locked into the attack animation the circle you shrunk it to will remain (only changes when not in attack animation) and the ball will arrive shortly after the attack animation finishes and it gets to move.

Doduo is a good one for excellent throw the circle slows down on the screen left head

Wailmer, Ponyta, Sudowoodoo, Makuhita, Tentacool...easiest for excellent throws IMO

1000 dust for shellder currently theres quite a few with elevated dust too but that's the big one for me as shellder are everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Up to level 44 now, challenges for 45 involve beating rockets. Gonna take a while, I don't live in a very stop heavy area, so don't get as many rockets as I would in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

You'll be fine Jessie and James are back on Monday two for one grunt special

Angron wrote: »
    Up to level 44 now, challenges for 45 involve beating rockets. Gonna take a while, I don't live in a very stop heavy area, so don't get as many rockets as I would in Dublin.

You’ll need a lot of candy XL later on. Great opportunity with CD this weekend to build it up

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Angron wrote: »

Im on 44 since last friday , defeat 50 leaders is horrible task ,never had much interest/fun in doing grunt/leader battles , between the balloons and getting a couple done on daily walk I am managing about 1 leader a day ,so going to be slow progress ,hopefully can manage a higher rate during next event with Jesse and Co.
    Maybe they are hoping to push people towards buying radars , if they were same price as raid passes might be okay , but not at 200 coins each.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

That extra egg space storage will be a god send such a pain delibertly waiting to hold a free slot to beat a boss to get the 12km that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I just recieved a Grubhub sponsored gift from a Pokestop...? $5 off Panera Bread.

So is this the new thing now?

Did an Abomasnow raid this morning, didn’t notice anything different with the rewards

Got 4 rare candy 2 charge TM 1 fast 2 golden berries and 6 super potion for a hariyama raid plus 1000 dust can't remember the xp think it was 5000

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting back to back shinys in the event?

For those who don't know - Abra Piplup Rhyhorn Weedel Sedot Gastly

I'm using an incense

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Eggs are global; the only change for Ireland and UK is raiding related and to date I've yet to find out what has actually changed.

Eggs are selected players only I got it on a dummy account used for Home and Sword and Shield but didn't on my main account hopefully it's rolling out to all soon.
    :(

Very sick again Gastly community days have been a dagger in my back got 3 seedot and 2 Abra shiny nothing else am 60 away from the 200 daily catch on a regular community day I'd usually get 5hat much in 3 to 4 hours I'm hoping to have better luck tomorrow I want more charmander shiny.

Very sick again Gastly community days have been a dagger in my back got 3 seedot and 2 Abra shiny nothing else am 60 away from the 200 daily catch on a regular community day I'd usually get 5hat much in 3 to 4 hours I'm hoping to have better luck tomorrow I want more charmander shiny.
    Pop an incense or three, 3h duration and the spawn rate is insanely high (one every 30s or so from my experience).

The 3 hour is only during 11am to 5pm it's back to 1 hour again until 11am tomorrow unfortunately l.

Today's pokemon likely to come from 2019 Community Days

List below

https://pokemongo.fandom.com/wiki/Community_Day

Jessie and James back at 8am Rufflet in raids and in 5k eggs possible shiny too.

Anyone getting a thing where Leader battles finishes but the screen goes black, animation doesn't finish and you have to "Exit the battle?" to get out of it?

Haven't seen that yet you can report bugs if ypuiss out on the rewards they may be able to help if you battle a leader again maybe try record the battle or screen grab when you are close to winning.

• Advertisement

Serious amount of bugs in the game sometimes they can be effecting you sometimes they are everywhere

Advertisement