Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Will Jessie and James keep appearing until you've completed the special quest?

My kids need to evolve 3 grass type pokemon. They got one but are way off on the other two and the next set of tasks includes to beat Jessie or James 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭XrayGolf

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Will Jessie and James keep appearing until you've completed the special quest?

My kids need to evolve 3 grass type pokemon. They got one but are way off on the other two and the next set of tasks includes to beat Jessie or James 4 times.

No. Whilst the special research never expires, Jessie and James will be remaining in the game till at least Christmas Day (when they'll be spawning more frequently all day). So, you’ll have plenty of time!

XrayGolf wrote: »
    No. Whilst the special research never expires, Jessie and James will be remaining in the game till at least Christmas Day (when they'll be spawning more frequently all day). So, you’ll have plenty of time!

Brilliant! Thanks for letting me know.

Just have to find some grass type pokemon now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seedot and Nuzleaf are grass type so if you caught loads of them at the weekend they'll do for the evolve task

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Shiny rates for Rufflet seem to be very low, haven't heard of anyone getting one yet.

• Advertisement

Haven't even seen a rufflet raid yet

Seedot and Nuzleaf are grass type so if you caught loads of them at the weekend they'll do for the evolve task

I've got 2 out of 3 evolved for her but unfortunately she already evolved Nuzleaf using up all the candies before Secrets of the Jungle.

Got a Bellsprout up to 24 candies and I'll trade here my Weepinbell later to get the 3rd grass type evole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

In our local raid group we monitor about 30+ gyms for it; we've seen 2 raids total so far... The rate is abysmal and the tier 1 pool way to big and filled with junk.

I sent out invites for the sole Rufflet raid I seen today did it with one other person I got a 3 star non shiny he got a 2 star non shiny we traded and both got 1* in return

Pokemon Go is fun. :o

Is anyone bothering with the €8.99 Galarian Mr Mime research.

You will get one Mr Mime and enough candy to evolve into Mr Rime.

Almost everything else is free only the limited research isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Nody wrote: »
    In our local raid group we monitor about 30+ gyms for it; we've seen 2 raids total so far... The rate is abysmal and the tier 1 pool way to big and filled with junk.

Caught two back to back in neighbouring Gyms and another later on in one of the same Gyms. Seen a few others in the same park but I only do raiding if I'm walking past so let them go.

Only ever saw the one My Little Ponyta though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Solid no for me. 9 euro for 1 regular Pokémon, no thanks :) Kanto event is much better value IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It will be released for free (as all other have) down the line; why waste the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I would have paid max of €2/3 for it , or if there threw enough in the rewards in terms of passes /eggs /incense /radars then I might have been willing to pay.
    Still a chance that if uptake is v poor they might add some more bonuses before it starts ,but feels like their new model going forward will be regular paid events for exclusive item.

Undecided about purchasing the Kanto ticket yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

No way, they're getting greedy now.

€9 for a Mr Mime Research is just way ott

I suppose Niantic are happy to see people trying to buy their way to level 50 and are happy to oblige.

I saw one the other day but thought it would be common enough so didn't go out of my way to do it, this morning I saw one and offered it to our raid group and had to do two lobbies to squeeze them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I seen one but didn't bother with it since the shiny rate is supposedly very low.

Mr Mime event has started cool spawns for those of us without a ticket.

Three hour incense live too

Shiny Cubcho is live too Mr Mime research isn't until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Lit up an incense earlier but no sign of Mr Mime. Plenty of Swinub, wobuffet, spoink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭XrayGolf

long_b wrote: »
    Lit up an incense earlier but no sign of Mr Mime. Plenty of Swinub, wobuffet, spoink

The only way to get a Galarian Mr. Mime and its evolution, Mr. Rime, during this event is to buy a special ticket for $7.99 from the shop. This will unlock a set of Special Research Tasks that will reward you with Galarian Mr. Mime, as well as the candy you’ll need to evolve him.

Its actually €8.99 for Irish players hope there was a massive boycott of this. The incense is attracting ice pokemon and lasting 3 hours with a possible shiny cubcho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

This code: TRFJVYZVVV8R4
    Rewards 30 Ultra Balls, 10 Max Revive & 1 Lucky Egg

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Where do you enter the code? Thanks

DublinCJM wrote: »

Shop and scroll down to the very end to redeem

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

phog wrote: »
    Shop and scroll down to the very end to redeem

I don't have that....?

I've the normal items, then upgrades, then stickers, and then coins.... nothing below the 6 coins icons..... other than the X to close....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chaoticawk

Anyone know where to catch a shiny pikachu

I don't have that....?

I've the normal items, then upgrades, then stickers, and then coins.... nothing below the 6 coins icons..... other than the X to close....

Just below where you buy coins have you a banner with Promo written it with a little box under it? Enter code in to that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

https://rewards.nianticlabs.com/pokemongo/

iOS have to use the link. Android can enter it in the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Myself and the Mrs bought it, used my google rewards balance to get it.

Thought it was going to be something different than the other ticketed events given the price in terms of research and the length of it.

We both regret it big time :o

Advertisement