Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shiny wailmer now, people. And it's a kinda lilac colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Walked Seedot for 100k and they're all over the place now :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bugger, just hatched my 5th Azurill.
    Still no Chimecho or Wynaut!

In positive news, got my Mew last night. Finished the task early in the day and waited till last night to get the youngster to catch the little cutie!

363/369

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my 5th Mewtwo yesterday, weather boosted but the stats suck unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Desperately seeking Ditto

After weeks of searching, and a few evenings out on the specific hunt, a ditto shows up as a pidgey at the spawn point that accessible from my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Wahey due to the event a larvitar spawned in my home (which joins the list of feebas, ralts and lapras) as best spawns ever encountered in the home.

Lapras still takes the cake though as it was completely non-weather related, nor was it due to any event.

Makes me wonder how many dragonites, snorlaxs and tyranitars I've missed in the house when I'm not around or have the app open :D - (I've caught 3 wild dragonites at nearby cabinteely park which pops up on my nearby list).

Oh and a 100% Mr Mime (female) which spawned inside the house too :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a 0% level 1 Rhyhorn today, which is the first 0% I've gotten (that I'm aware of).

Just got an in-app notification, next month the field research rewards will be working towards Zapdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Angron wrote: »
    Just got an in-app notification, next month the field research rewards will be working towards Zapdos.

Probably Articuno so the month after

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Didn't get a chance at any of the 3 legendary birds first time round due to health issues so getting them this way maybe cheap to some but I'll take it with both hands. :)

• Advertisement

Wahey, caught a 100% Shroomish :D

Been chasing feebas shadows everywhere catch two hatch one all today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Seems to have been much quieter in gyms this week.
    Is everyone too busy converting balls to stardust?

So, should I do another Moltres today, or do you think if I wait till Tuesday evening that I'll get Zapdos, despite not doing any of the "new" field research tasks?

I would expect the stamps to carry over but we'll still be cashing in tomorrow. Trying to get a better Moltres and a few more Candy to power it up to a more respectable level.

Yeah, I dunno if they'd let the stamps carry over or not.

Grabbed another Moltres there anyway. 83%.

They're usually give plenty of notice before changes that might annoy people and losing 5 or 6 stamps would fit into that category.
    If someone has 7 stamps on Sunday then they should check reports from NZ/Oz to see what will happen and cash in for another Moltres if the stamps won't carry.

I got our first shiny Absol today solo-duoing a DP Absol in the Rain.
    I think I only made it because of network connectivity issues that allowed me to continue battling a full 5 seconds after the clock hit 0.

MpmVlg1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

josip wrote: »
    Seems to have been much quieter in gyms this week.
    Is everyone too busy converting balls to stardust?
    I've definitely noticed the same, almost certain it's to do with ban hammer Niantic have put down to spoofers over the past week or 2.

Also anyone heading to the Canary Islands, Tropius and Corsola are fairly common here and not too difficult to find. I found 2-3 each most days I've been here.

double GG wrote: »
    I've definitely noticed the same, almost certain it's to do with ban hammer Niantic have put down to spoofers over the past week or 2.

Also anyone heading to the Canary Islands, Tropius and Corsola are fairly common here and not too difficult to find. I found 2-3 each most days I've been here.

I was in Lanzarote last November for 2 weeks and only got Corsola at the airport on the way home :D

Tropius wasn't around then....

• Advertisement

Think it said electric tasks for zapdos so probably will reset on first of may for new tasks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

josip wrote: »
    They're usually give plenty of notice before changes that might annoy people and losing 5 or 6 stamps would fit into that category.
    If someone has 7 stamps on Sunday then they should check reports from NZ/Oz to see what will happen and cash in for another Moltres if the stamps won't carry.

I got our first shiny Absol today solo-duoing a DP Absol in the Rain.
    I think I only made it because of network connectivity issues that allowed me to continue battling a full 5 seconds after the clock hit 0.

MpmVlg1.png

Congrats on the shiny.. Great to see hitmonlee getting some use. Aggron though! I hate seeing that guy getting recommended for raids, pity it doesnt have better offensive moves. I usually let mine unhealed.

Not bad from a trip in to town :D

syboit wrote: »
    Congrats on the shiny.. Great to see hitmonlee getting some use. Aggron though! I hate seeing that guy getting recommended for raids, pity it doesnt have better offensive moves. I usually let mine unhealed.

Our first preference teams are 5 very boring, but very capable Machamps, with Hariyama anchors on each.
    The last Absol I battled had Megahorn so I was a bit complacent coming into this raid and didn't expect them to faint before the end.
    Especially since I'd levelled up all the Machamps with the recent stardust.
    With 40s left and 2 phones, I just took what the game suggested and went back in. Jr had 2 Aggrons up front but Mrs. Josip only has 1 so Hitmonlee came in at No. 8 in the battle order.

New wave of ex raid passes out - I was lucky enough to get one for war memorial :)

That wasn't the only good news I had today - while wandering around Merrion Square encountered a 100% larvitar. Tis only lvl6 but at least I have one ready if Smack Down comes to the ttar line :D

On the minus side of things out of 25 balls (2 latias) no catch...and I only want the bloody thing for my "catch a dragon" quest for 3 rare candies.

Also caught a lvl1 cp10 magikarp that I thought might be a 0/0/0 (it had the worst possible appraisal) - but on powering up to lvl4 it turned out to be a 4/4/4 (which also gives the worst possible appraisal, same as 1/1/1, 2/2/2 or 3/3/3.)

But on the whole - an ex raid pass and a 100% larvitar - I ain't complaining!

Well well well...so after yesterday's male 100% larvitar Lord Helix has decided to grace me with his tentaclely goodness and I've caught a 100% female larvitar - now if breeding becomes a thing in the future I'll be ready :D

But 2 100s in 2 days of the same uber strong pokemon - I'm so chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Well well well...so after yesterday's male 100% larvitar Lord Helix has decided to grace me with his tentaclely goodness and I've caught a 100% female larvitar - now if breeding becomes a thing in the future I'll be ready :D

But 2 100s in 2 days of the same uber strong pokemon - I'm so chuffed.

If I were a mod here I'd ban you

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

It was nice to see a few Larvitars spawn in the past week , caught about 7/8 wild myself , nice bit of candy when pinaped , but no decent ones.

Rooy wrote: »
    It was nice to see a few Larvitars spawn in the past week , caught about 7/8 wild myself , nice bit of candy when pinaped , but no decent ones.

I've been doing bursts of heavy larvitar hunting (especially with the favorable weather currently) - from the beginning of the event when i had 0 candies to today I've accumulated 270 candies... (Nearly all larvitars were pinapped of course) - I think even my 100% was pinapped.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile at the opposite end of the 'rar and trainer evolutionary chain, we finally came across our first Tyranitar raid since Niantic shut down the gym scanners.

Partly Cloudy and Stone Edge

G41uG6G.png

The first 6 got further than we expected

Jh8prKg.png

But still came up short in the end.

LEnWeSO.png

I suspect it must have had Iron Tail as its FM, there's no way we'd have gotten that close otherwise.

Can you tell the FM from the boss' actions during the battle? I have it recorded and wouldn't mind knowing exactly what we were up against.

Advertisement