Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

I haven't bought a ticket yet. It is kinda tempting but not sure there's anything in it worth the money, other than the novelty factor and the "chance" (not guaranteed) for a few shinies. Particularly if you have to rely on trades to complete the challenges.

I'm on Level 43 and need 30 wins in each PvP league to advance (plus a shítload of XP). Managed to get 30 wins in Great League thanks to the Love Cup, now hammering away at Premier Cup to try and get some Master League wins. Finding it a real slog though, I somehow just managed 5 wins in a row but had easily lost at least half of my matches in the run up to that streak. I prefer Great League because you get a greater variety of Pokémon appearing; here it's literally choose 3 from like 9 or 10 options* and hope for the best!

*Swampert, Togekiss and Metagross seems to be the best combo for me at the moment. Commonly see Dragonite, Gyarados, Machamp and Magnezone in use but not much variation beyond that. On rare occasions you might see Tyranitar, Mamoswine or Conkeldurr. I tried using Excadrill a couple of times but it's a bit too frail. I've seen Rhyperior but its 4x weakness to water cripples it. I haven't seen any grass Pokémon or moves in this tier, otherwise Swampert would be fúcked!

EDIT: And of course, in the next run I only get 2 wins out of 5. I hate this fúcking league. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I'm on Level 43 and need 30 wins in each PvP league to advance (plus a shítload of XP). Managed to get 30 wins in Great League thanks to the Love Cup, now hammering away at Premier Cup to try and get some Master League wins. Finding it a real slog though, I somehow just managed 5 wins in a row but had easily lost at least half of my matches in the run up to that streak. I prefer Great League because you get a greater variety of Pokémon appearing; here it's literally choose 3 from like 9 or 10 options* and hope for the best!

(

If you know someone else who plays just spam the GL, UL, ML tasks. Easiest way through IMO

AMGer wrote: »
    If you know someone else who plays just spam the GL, UL, ML tasks. Easiest way through IMO

Totally forgot that function. :o Shows how often I've used it! Good idea though, thanks for reminder. I don't really know any of my PoGo friends irl though, just a few names and faces I used see at raids.

Caught my first Munna today, went out in the pouring rain to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I only know one other person who still plays this and he's not doing this event so I won't be able to trade and I think that means I won't be able to complete this event so I'm a bit hesitant to buy the ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Set up a trading post here then by the looks of things the trade distance is 40km currently that may go up to 70km again for next week I went for the red as I want some of the already announced shiny on that ticket.

I'm wondering will the single daily special trade be increasing for the event the info is very limited so far on a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

1coin box live again around 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

1coin box live again around 9pm

What's in it this time?

Just pokeballs great balls and ultra balls unfortunately still only 1 coin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Community day for March looks set to be Fletchling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Just pokeballs great balls and ultra balls unfortunately still only 1 coin

Actually, there's a remote raid pass in the box this time

Fletching confirmed Saturday March 6 3xXP bonus

Rocket and Raid day February 28

TM away frustration:check

New Pokemon for Giovanni (unknown at this time):check

Shiny Kanto Birds in raids with 5 free passes for spinning gyms:check

Remote raid passes box free:check

https://pokemongolive.com/post/kanto-raid-day-2021/?hl=en&fbclid=IwAR2XgqbRKEIWslClITcEin6U9CK0bJSt-wLR5QVBfzdep6AckcQsM51bMG4

list of event info and details from Niantic here it's full of spoilers so if you want to do the event blind dont click

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web&s=events&f=pokemon-go-tour-kanto-faq-1613156286&l=en&fbclid=IwAR10CD3FSh7mxz8fbTKWX7NRMhGeMgZXA8lqr9JEYVztydtfBF_jMu40USs

Servers crashing like crazy in New Zealand and Australia looks similar to Go Fest here's hoping its stable by 8am for central Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

My kanto collection is complete.

Did teo remote raids this morning and caught my last 2 pokemon!! Ahhhhhh super happy and all before 9am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I didn't buy the ticket and didn't plan to play too much as a non-ticket holder... but I got the glitch that gave it to me for free :pac:
    First Mewtwo raid (from bed) was a shiny (YAY) but I did a few more :) Only new shiny I got today was Mankey or, if you look at it for the dual evolution, Oddish (3*). Well, and ditto :) It's really weird, I always got the impression from go fests that you trip over shinies but go fest july didn't convince me for this one.

Still want snorlax :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Pretty lame event so far, only got 4 shines and i already had 3 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm having such a good day with this. I have completed the Kanto DeX, beat Giovanni after trying many times, and managed to catch an aerodactlyl by pure luck.

I have no more research tasks to complete. I'm kinda casual enough playing it too so I'm pretty happy with this

Make up event to make up for the free loaders date tbc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got a pretty solid haul, got most of the stuff I was after, main things being the Bellsprout line and both of the Hitmons. No joy with Snorlax, but ah well.

I thought it was a decent event, except for a few stretches where I was having issues logging in.

Tried to respond to loads of invites yesterday got the use a green raid pass walk closer error went out after 1pm to hunt Mr Mime raid for the research lost twice trying to solo it managed to join a group in botanic gardens just after 4 and got it done, my last raid at 8:57pm was my only shiny from a raid Zapdos.

got some of the ones I wanted through the day too shiny Ponyta Doduo Mankey and a Nidoran Male wasn't too pushed once I'd seen the make up event mentioned early in the day and just took my time shiny checking as we will get to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Tried to respond to loads of invites yesterday got the use a green raid pass walk closer error
    Same. Annoying AF after having bought remote passes for it.

Angron wrote: »
    No joy with Snorlax, but ah well.

I got shiny Snorlax from a raid, was well pleased. Think I only saw two wild Snorlax all day

First grunt for me this morning had two Snax and a Dragonite.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/season-of-legends-2021

Delighted that Landorus-Therian is coming, I love that Pokémon.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/mar-2021-events/?hl=en

Events for March, including Gible as research breakthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Clickclock12

Not good for me either. I am trying for diglett growlithe manky and a meowth to get the evolution task finished. The raid task í have given up on at this stage I have just Mew (got him twice) and moltres. Am always battling alone as no one in my area to raid with or to trade with.
    long_b wrote: »
    Same. Annoying AF after having bought remote passes for it.

Not good for me either. I am trying for diglett growlithe manky and a meowth to get the evolution task finished. The raid task í have given up on at this stage I have just Mew (got him twice) and moltres. Am always battling alone as no one in my area to raid with or to trade with.

If you get that raid pass glitch just force close the app & restart immediately. If there’s time left you’ll still get the raid. I’ve never had it glitch again after force closing.

• Advertisement

Highly recommend joining a WhatsApp group. I'm also rural and wouldn't get to raid at all otherwise.

Advertisement