Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I've been doing bursts of heavy larvitar hunting (especially with the favorable weather currently) - from the beginning of the event when i had 0 candies to today I've accumulated 270 candies... (Nearly all larvitars were pinapped of course) - I think even my 100% was pinapped.

I thought I was doing well having caught about 5 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

syboit wrote: »
    Nope, looking at the stats 1120 seen and 1007 caught, 121/300 for the fishermans badge.

Added another 160 karps to my seen list over the event, fishermans badge now upto 138/300. Good event to build up some stardust too.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Added another 160 karps to my seen list over the event, fishermans badge now upto 138/300. Good event to build up some stardust too.

Managed to get my first Shiny Magikarp during event , followed by a second 24 hours later , first one was a respectable 78 IV so evolved that to a 3000CP Gyarados , second one was poor.
    Made good progress on badge , added 12 to my total , at 211 now , could get to gold/300 by end of year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw am I the only one stocking up Wailmer candy? I got a sneaky feeling it will feature in a future quest like the magikarp and this event has greatly helped me stock up towards another 400 candy in preparation...

Nody wrote: »
    Btw am I the only one stocking up Wailmer candy? I got a sneaky feeling it will feature in a future quest like the magikarp and this event has greatly helped me stock up towards another 400 candy in preparation...

I have a healthy amount as no reason to evolve a second WaliLord.
    Hopefully wont be too long before a second Special Research , dont mind the tasks that take time ,but not just as random as Ditto , that certainly frustrated a lot of people. Would be great to see a Regional in there , although not to everyones taste if they have it already !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm keeping 400 hundred handy for when I find a nice lilac coloured Wailmer.
    There was a lovely 182 D lilac Wailord parked in the local gym yesterday.
    Wasn't there this morning when I came in...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Still need to build up to get my first 400 candies, but I have been stocking up on swablu candy for that reason, will be doing same for wailmer once reach 400. My young fella is still waliking Magikarp to get past that task for mew

According to the Express (sorry, only link I can find)
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/953697/Pokemon-Go-Zapdos-Research-quests-Legendary-Raid
    On May 1 at 1:00 P.M. PDT, a brand-new set of Field Research tasks focusing on Flying and Electric-type Pokemon will become available, including skill-based tasks that will challenge your abilities as a Trainer.

Stamps will carry over as long as your last one is for the new set of tasks.
    Niantic confirmed that stamps unlocked before May will count towards the reward.
    "As long as your last Stamp to achieve a Research Breakthrough is earned after May 1 1:00 P.M PDT, you’ll have the opportunity to encounter Zapdos!" Niantic continues.

I was surprised to see another one so soon after the Earth Day one , definitely seems to be the policy now of more frequent events to keep people interested , and spending.
    Good to see something completly different that prior events with a focus on gyms.

• Advertisement

It's going to be carnage out there for the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still need over a hundred candy each for swablu and wailmer have 550 magikarp just need ditto I'd advise don't evolve anything for the next 24 hours wait and see what if anything is needed for the next round of tasks there hasn't been a lot of fire or ghost spawns in the past week so stock piling might help get on with the next batch of tasks.

That's good news on the one rare candy minimum for a raid given the 10 raid task and candy to power up Mewtwo or Moltres or Zapdos once caught will come in handy. Hope a few tyrouge spawn in the wild too but I'd guess the Hitmonchan in the image is a raid boss instead.

That's good news on the one rare candy minimum for a raid given the 10 raid task and candy to power up Mewtwo or Moltres or Zapdos once caught will come in handy. Hope a few tyrouge spawn in the wild too but I'd guess the Hitmonchan in the image is a raid boss instead.

I think tyrogue was only ever available in eggs. Wonder if we'll see another new shiny added, I wouldn't think they would add shiny machop, seems like a good one for community day.

Shiny Meditite hopefully shiny Medicham is blue. I got two Machamp out of the kanto event but wouldn't mind a shiny one, wonder will there be more boxes on sale I am hoping for incubators again.

Shiny Meditite hopefully shiny Medicham is blue. I got two Machamp out of the kanto event but wouldn't mind a shiny one, wonder will there be more boxes on sale I am hoping for incubators again.

2 new shinies!!

Meditie and Makuhita

Gyms are dropping a crazy amount of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

You want to spend more money? Niantic won't say no to that :D

Super incubators in the new ultra box

I ain't buying one of those ones can't wait till they bring in trading and we all rob your account and reap the benefits dibs on your army of Lugias. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I ain't buying one of those ones can't wait till they bring in trading and we all rob your account and reap the benefits dibs on your army of Lugias. ;)

Surely you'd want the matching pair of 100 m/f larvitars? :D

I actually transferred most of my legendaries in the last double candy event. As a f2p player it will take me months/years to amass enough rare candy to power up even just the meta-relevant legendaries (finished 1 mewtwo, I'm currently walking my Raikou and feeding all rare candy to him - Moltres is next after that and then Kyogre). Kept 3 of the best of each - if trading comes in MsThirdfox will get 1 of any she's missing :P

So unfortunately there's only 4 lugia in my bank - one is the shiny I caught.

As for why I transferred the rest - I like to keep a "minimal" poke storage if possible - even then I've got 750/1100 storage-wise. Meta-irrelevant mons get 1 of each, meta-relevant gets 6 of each, regionals get 9 of each and legendaries get 3.

Hoping they do a sale for poke storage someday... I've currently got 7359 gold from gym defence sitting in the bank - will start spending surplus once I get to 14,500 free coins :D (or my bi-annual ultra box purchase).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well, pleasant surprise :D

How many did you catch to get that well done. Damn you all and your shinies :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I didn't keep track properly, I reckon it was probably around 30ish.

What are you planning to do with all that stardust?

Powering up stuff when I get good things :P

Caught about 20 today so far no such luck but I'll try again tomorrow I really want a blue Medicham so that's my goal. Lots of Machop about I've said it before and I'll say it again he really looks like Team America Matt Damon

Yeah, I'd love to get a blue Medicham.

The probability of finding a shiny is only related to the number you see, not the number you catch?
    I'm catching all the Makuhitas because we could do with a couple of better Hariyamas, but only checking out the Meditites for shininess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

josip wrote: »
    The probability of finding a shiny is only related to the number you see, not the number you catch?
    I'm catching all the Makuhitas because we could do with a couple of better Hariyamas, but only checking out the Meditites for shininess.

It is not directly to either I think, but you only need to see the Pokémon to check if it is shiny or not.
    In the main series of games each encounter has an ID and that ID is compared to your trainer ID. If the last x number of characters match it is shiny for you. I suspect it is something similar in Go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Would anyone know if there are pokestops or gym up in Westport House in Mayo? Only dawned on me this morning I've a camping trip organised for the weekend of the community event and dont wanna miss shiny charmander. Got enough lure modules to lure up a small city so if there are stops there should be Ok

Advertisement