Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Would anyone know if there are pokestops or gym up in Westport House in Mayo? Only dawned on me this morning I've a camping trip organised for the weekend of the community event and dont wanna miss shiny charmander. Got enough lure modules to lure up a small city so if there are stops there should be Ok

Looks good.

https://www.pokemongomap.info/location/53,800608/-9,535510/15

bTMGT7T.png

In the old days you could see who was in, raids, boss movesets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Got 59 items from a gym this morning on my 7 day streak :eek:

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Got 59 items from a gym this morning on my 7 day streak :eek:

And we thought we were doing well with 57.

josip wrote: »
    And we thought we were doing well with 57.

I think it was the best conditions.

Red gym, I had a mon in there, and I'm gold on the gym too.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Looks good.

https://www.pokemongomap.info/location/53,800608/-9,535510/15

bTMGT7T.png

In the old days you could see who was in, raids, boss movesets :(

Thanks for the link, thought those sites didn't work anymore, glad to see there are few bits around so can have chance to get a shiny charmander

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Some of the sites still work in that you can see if a gym is in an area, it's just scanning doesn't work any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Catching a lot of strong Sentret 450+cp 4 of them so far and I think I've thrown a few away too without paying attention still looking for a ditto to no avail am hoping to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow to search one out.

Catching a lot of strong Sentret 450+cp 4 of them so far and I think I've thrown a few away too without paying attention still looking for a ditto to no avail am hoping to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow to search one out.

Build it and they will come...
    If Mohammad won't go to the mountain then the mountain...
    Don't try to force it.
    Lay down some incense, first 'Ratatta' that comes along, Oh?

Two ratatta in a row for me turned into Ditto two days ago. They're out there!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And going into this event I hadn't expected to get any shinies!

• Advertisement

Incense ratata wooooooo

I've got nearly 600 magikarp candy I'd reckon it's gonna take me a week to do the 10 raids now so I'm not gonna evolve just in case I find a shiny Karp in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I ain't buying one of those ones can't wait till they bring in trading and we all rob your account and reap the benefits dibs on your army of Lugias. ;)

And wow Niantic must be monitoring this particular thread or something - in the shop the super incubators are being sold individually now (for 200 a pop) so if you're not interested in the ultra box (which gives a slightly better discount on the value of 4 super incubators, but only if you value other items like raid passes etc) you can now buy super incubators individually.

Kicked out of two gyms at 23:55 niantic are watching me no free coins before a gouging event

Not bad, got my Zapdos today, 98%.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finally picked up my first (and second) Latias today; I must have over 40 successful curve ball throws with golden raspberries without success before that over 6 raids but finally got one in the knick of time for the collection. Overall I went through 4 raids with Latias today and picked up a 20% shiny Makuhita in the process.

Nody wrote: »
    Finally picked up my first (and second) Latias today; I must have over 40 successful curve ball throws with golden raspberries without success before that over 6 raids but finally got one in the knick of time for the collection. Overall I went through 4 raids with Latias today and picked up a 20% shiny Makuhita in the process.

I went 1 for 5 when trying to pinap one - must have thrown around 50 great curveballs in total before one got caught :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

summer schedule

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/summertour2018/

First time ever got the error message that I'm in my limit for gyms, had to leave 2 gyms after me. Didnt realise the 20 gym limit was still in place.

syboit wrote: »
    summer schedule

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/summertour2018/

First time ever got the error message that I'm in my limit for gyms, had to leave 2 gyms after me. Didnt realise the 20 gym limit was still in place.

Summer schedule is very tempting.
    We booked the outward leg of our Euro trip this morning.

Zkdo42r.png

We had planned to head South, but Dortmund is only 5 hours west of Calais and it says Pokemon rarely found in Europe....

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Flight booked.....
    So what can we expect.... Likely get Unowns spelling something like Dortmund, a regional (hopefully Tauros, to finish my Gen 1)....and some Shinys.

I'm flying into Dusseldorf and taking a train to Dortmund, anyone wanna risk meeting up with me?

• Advertisement

I put this up on reddit too but for those who are going to Germany it might be useful to know:

PSA: for those heading to Germany for the safari zone don't make the same mistake I did - bring cash/atm compatible debit cards and not a credit card.

As above - I visited Munich/Berlin earlier in the year and thought nothing of just bringing my credit card with me.

Imagine the cultural shock when I discovered roughly half of the eating establishments I visited did not accept credit cards (I do not have an atm compatible debit card nor did I think to bring cash with me).

In fact "do you take credit cards?" was the first question I asked when entering a restaurant and roughly 50%+ didn't. McDonald's became a refuge for when I was hungry and needed to go to somewhere that definitely takes cards - there I met a worker who said my credit card was the first one she's seen in her life - I walked her through how to operate a credit card machine and she thought it was wonderful how you can just tap the card on the machine to make a small payment.

Afterwards I did a little research into this and apparently Germans love cash - the average German wallet has 230 euro (270 US dollars) in it. (Side thought - pickpockets must have a field day in Germany...) Only 33% of Germans had credit cards (back in 2011) and presumbly even less use them.

Just wanted to warn anyone who thought a credit card would be accepted without issue in Germany.

Otherwise have a great trip and enjoy their bread, beer and meat :D

Oh and for anyone looking for a ditto - mankey has been added to the list of ditto potentials.

I'm considering it. It's expensive enough to fly to Dortmund itself, but it seems like it might be more affordable to fly to Cologne, then get a train or something to Dortmund.

Not so farfetched think it'll be farfetch'd ��

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Angron wrote: »
    I'm considering it. It's expensive enough to fly to Dortmund itself, but it seems like it might be more affordable to fly to Cologne, then get a train or something to Dortmund.
    I'm going via Dusseldorf.. 115 return from Friday to Sunday, with Aer Lingus. 140 for accommodation (birthday present from my wife)

Hopefully I get all I want to do early enough and have a good look around the city as well

youth hostels and airbnb are good choices for cheaper accommodation if you can tolerate sharing 8-12 in a room :D (bring earplugs if you can't tolerate snoring ;) )
    Though I've just checked - the 2 hostels in Dortmund are unsurprisingly booked out that weekend :D

And the capitalists on airbnb have (understandably) jacked up the price from 19 a night to 200 a night for the 3 days haha.

I found a refundable hotel room for 75 for two nights - now just to decide if I'll go or not.

Well that's nice, got my third Makuhita shiny today.

Not a happy camper
    Makuhita 0/400/500 shinies/caught/seen
    Metedite 0/150/300 shinies/caught/seen
    Wailmers 0/loads
    I didnt know there was a shiny Murkrow until we saw it exhibited in a local gym .

On a cheerier note, the family have convened and we're detouring via Dortmund on Sunday July 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Not a happy camper
    Makuhita 0/400/500 shinies/caught/seen
    Metedite 0/150/300 shinies/caught/seen
    Wailmers 0/loads
    I didnt know there was a shiny Murkrow until we saw it exhibited in a local gym .

On a cheerier note, the family have convened and we're detouring via Dortmund on Sunday July 1st.

And I thought I was bad! I've seen about 250 each of Meditite and Makuhita without a shiny. Other than community day (and I didn't get a Bulbasaur despite the person I was walking with getting 9) and a shiny Lugia my last shiny was a Magikarp over a year ago.

Advertisement