Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seems Laitos and Lugia are gonna share Lugia shiny availability again too so not all bad, I need to get at least on Lugia this time hopefully Saturday after 1pm as there should be a few out in town for community day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Seems Laitos and Lugia are gonna share Lugia shiny availability again too so not all bad, I need to get at least on Lugia this time hopefully Saturday after 1pm as there should be a few out in town for community day.

Lugia coming back was a mistake and already removed.

Back to vermin hunting still no ditto I'm gonna try an incense tomorrow hopefully more ratatouille will pop up

Adventure week seems to be down for May at some stage it'll probably be week of 22nd to 29th here's hoping they go with 1/4 buddy candy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

For the last month I've only wanted Chimecho to complete my regional dex. These events are getting in the way!

• Advertisement

I'm still shiny karp hunting before I evolve for Mew no sign of any karp in the past week for me I think they're back in tier 1 raids but no wild ones. Potential bonus of this next event is Sol Rock and Lunatone and more Larvitar spawns.

Thats if it's goin to be a rock event. Everyone assumes it is but I don't think it's been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

If a Tyranitar Boss has Fire Blast, is the move damage boosted in any way during sunny weather?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, unless it's confirmation bias it does seem that moves hit harder from bosses under the right weather.

Weather boosts would have to work both ways I'd guess it wouldn't be too often a raid boss would have a move set like this though 0 but I'm sure the random combination would exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

weather boosts when it comes to battling boosts the move, not the mon itself per se.

You can see this yourself - if you have a ttar with fire blast - you can see that it does more damage during sunny weather and no boost exists for partially cloudy (rock)/foggy (dark).

It's also the one case where a tyranitar is better than a dragonite for countering the latios/latias dragons - foggy weather boosting bite/crunch with 20%. I think even then a rayquaza is still better than a weather boosted ttar for damaging the eon twins :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I welcome the added bag space, it's just a shame they couldn't have added it during the event where you could get extra items from gyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Angron wrote: »
    I welcome the added bag space, it's just a shame they couldn't have added it during the event where you could get extra items from gyms.

Yup, must have binned tons of potions/balls during the event. Been a quite week, just waiting on news new for adventure week, some posts on reddit suggesting it will kick off this weekend.

Seen info saying it goes live immediately after community day ends I'd imagine that's the West coast US end not say 1pm Saturday for us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Angron wrote: »
    First thing I did seeing it was to buy maximum space; I can usually burn through over 500 balls in a week and go in every weekend to a high pokestop location to refill it. Will be great to have room to fill with mainly more balls to throw away in between.

I used up most of my coins, so I'm up to 1900 space now.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Im at 1500 since the last increase , had set limits of what to keep , so going to hold off upgrading for a while.
    This is typically what I do :

Potion/Super Potion - Discard
    Hyper Potion/Max Potion - max 50 each
    Revive/Max Review - Max 50 each
    TMs - Max 20
    Rare Candy - Max 100
    Regular balls - discard
    Great/Ultra - Max 700 - Probably way too many , but cant bring myself to bin Ultras
    Berries - Max 50 each , but tend to use up when I can by feeding in gyms

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Triple stardust for catches tomorrow, will go well with using couple of star pieces! Need to reach the 2 mil mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Rooy wrote: »
    Im at 1500 since the last increase , had set limits of what to keep , so going to hold off upgrading for a while.
    This is typically what I do :

TMs - Max 20

Do you discard extra tm's ??

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

syboit wrote: »
    Do you discard extra tm's ??

Yes , keep 20 of each , rarely use them , my top 20/30 Mons have the optimal movesets already , never found them too hard to come by

• Advertisement

Gonna try concentrate on stardust tomorrow I aim to catch as many as I can in the three hour window have a bunch of star pieces 18 in reserve so well enough to use one every half hour

Shiny Ho-oh

SHINY HO-OH

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Time to go raiding

Two snorunt raids successfully one latios unsuccessful was at two ho-oh raids too late everybody was gone got one shiny charizard and one non shiny was too late to evole my second shiny so no blast burn when I do evolve it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I ended up with 3 shiny Charizard but the best was only 50%; oh well... I did however catch a Ho-Oh on my first raid (and then promptly failed to catch another on the next four raids) and finally found a Snorlax in the free to tick that box and it was the last one I did not have that can be hatched! What does annoy me though between doing 5 5*, 2 4*, 1 3* and 1 2* raid (9 raids total) I ended up with 4 candy... Yes 4 beeping candy only from 9 raids... I got 15 berries on one of the legendary raids which really annoyed me :( I hope I'll get more lucky with my EX raid but I doubt I'll catch it with my poor track record :(

Nody wrote: »
    I ended up with 3 shiny Charizard but the best was only 50%; oh well... I did however catch a Ho-Oh on my first raid (and then promptly failed to catch another on the next four raids) and finally found a Snorlax in the free to tick that box and it was the last one I did not have that can be hatched! What does annoy me though between doing 5 5*, 2 4*, 1 3* and 1 2* raid (9 raids total) I ended up with 4 candy... Yes 4 beeping candy only from 9 raids... I got 15 berries on one of the legendary raids which really annoyed me :( I hope I'll get more lucky with my EX raid but I doubt I'll catch it with my poor track record :(

Mewtwo's catch rate is much higher than legendaries - usually about 90% of players get it from a raid. You were very unlucky with the candies from those raids.

Hatched a lileep put me over the 90 threshold getting some weird spawns this evening, Golden and Jynx. Hope this next event starts soon.

Did anyone find star pieces ineffective today, didn't seem to get much anything for lucky eggs neither

Got 8 shiny Charmander, but the big one was I got a shiny Ho-oh on my second raid :D

Did anyone find star pieces ineffective today, didn't seem to get much anything for lucky eggs neither
    I was picking up 450 dust per catch with it on; with triple dust would normally be 300 dust so maths adds up.

And Angron I got someone who beat you on that one; he got a shiney on his second raid and a second shiney on his third raid which he did 30 min later. So much envy...

• Advertisement

Maybe I missed a few zeros there :o

Advertisement