Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A very good day - 9 shiny charmanders (including a lvl30 76% one that I maxed out for fun).

1 shiny wailmer
    1 100% aggron

Got 3 ex-raid eligible raids in so fingers crossed...

Pity they nerfed blast burn for charizard before the release - Moltres is still no.1 but I've replaced him with black charizard in my general gym lineup because 1) it's a two bar move and 2) it's freaking black charizard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

5 Shiny Charmander yesterday, and was able to play with my local group for the first Community Day in a couple of months, with 25minutes left i had 2 and was beginning to resign myself to that thought, when I got 3 very rapid.
    Just before the event started we did a Ho-oh raid (just 6 of us) and no one claimed a Shiny.
    No real raids during the event, bar an Absol an hour in, where one of the younger members got a Shiny, my hunt goes on.
    Great day, great community, great time.
    363/371....
    26(27)/49(52)...Shiny (hatted shiny)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

6 charmander evolved 1 to shiny blast burn 1 to shiny overheat and 1 shiny charmeleon it's my best return for any shiny event so far.

Took it slow yesterday and only caught about 75 of them in total over the few hours started in Glasnevin cemetery and ended the event in Stephens Green. So many escaped no shinies though. Bought the 780 box as I can't ever pass up super incubators on sale. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was up in Galway for the event, and there was a raid on the one EX gym about 15 minutes after the event ended. Had something like 40 or 50 people there to do the raid, so hopefully we might get another raid pass.

Few things online about hatching eggs being field research soon so keep your incubators. I Think I've given up hope of finding a shiny karp just not happening for me and I need to get my new so 6pm tomorrow is my deadline to get one. If not I evolve my strongest karp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Few things online about hatching eggs being field research soon so keep your incubators. I Think I've given up hope of finding a shiny karp just not happening for me and I need to get my new so 6pm tomorrow is my deadline to get one. If not I evolve my strongest karp.
    Hatching an egg is already a field research task; I've gotten it twice. You can also get to walk out a candy with your buddy along with the usual raid/gym/catch related once.

I think it will be part of the next event not a new research

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And I just got another EX raid invite for Tuesday 29th (got one currently for Tuesday 22nd as well)... I arranged to get away this Tuesday but I've got meetings I can not avoid on 29th so that's a second dead EX raid for me (failed to attend 2 out of 3 at this stage) :(

I really need them to rotate back to weekends when people are much more likely to do them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got one for Galway. Gonna try and do it for my two friends too, as they are going to be away in Rome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Got 2 in Cork , one this Tue lunchtime , and then the following Tue @5.30 , both in Fitz Park , other side of city from work for me so bit of effort / planning to do them , but as best Mewtwo is 80% (of 3) , then I will most likely do. But I wonder if this is some effort from Niantic to ensure everyone will have a chance of doing one , they have well catered for weekend raiders , now weekdays and evenings.
    They could probably do with a change up soon on Mewtwo , the excitment is waining for people once they have 3+

Thought we had one triggered for Kells, but the egg in the gym glitch during pass issuing seems to have to hit us.
    Roll up sleeves and try again, I suppose.

Reasonably good event for me , 8 shinies for me (12 across 2 phones/accounts) , i did think Charmander was spawning a bit less that previous events , went a few minutes a few times without seeing any , gave myself 15 minutes at end to evaluate what I caught , hadnt actually caught a real good one which was a suprise , best was a high CP 89IV , so had to go with that for Blast burn , next best was 93% but way back at level 13 , so couldnt be bothered with the investment required at that , my best shiny was a reasonable 76 % for evolving.
    I did catch a 100% Ho-Oh though which was great at start of event , went to last ball before catching , could have been a fairly disappointing morning if i hadnt caught!

Think it's the 2nd week in a row that no-one in Dublin got an ex-raid invite? Strange if true...

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Think it's the 2nd week in a row that no-one in Dublin got an ex-raid invite? Strange if true...

I think Toro(?) was triggered as well as Fr. Collins Park

Should be some new events coming shortly to look forward to ;

Annoucement of Adventure Week - it is supposed to be in May which would suggest it would start later this week , hopefully it will have somethings new and above last years.

Next Community Date - They normaly release details fairly quickly after the last one finishes , so should get some details by end Tue , I hoping it not Squirtle ,this time around anwyay

dQGbLDx.jpg

cSA0eRD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

sTpoNCs.png
    :)(yes, I'm jealous)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Jfrost wrote: »
    Checklist

Not far behind you numbers wise, have makuhita, wailmer & wailord, absol too, But none of the halloween ones.

Aron is one I've caught a lot of but no shinies, my small fella has 4 shiny swablu and again a big number of aron's but no shinies.

Jfrost wrote: »
    I think Toro(?) was triggered as well as Fr. Collins Park
    Robert Emmet seems to have gotten passes too.

• Advertisement

Here's a better list showing the type changes too,

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regional_variant. So 18 in total, there is no pikachu,cubone or exeggutor Aloha type.

We getting this instead of adventure week?

Ok; that was an interesting experience.

So today I managed to complete my first EX raid (Yay!) and got a Mew (double Yay!) from it; only 78% but I'm simply stoked to have one. The odd part however was the number of level 5 raids we had in the area at the time. In 75 min I ended up doing 5 Tier 5 raids AND the EX Raid. Could have done a 6th Tier 5 but people could not be bothered to go to it as it was 5 min away and we had another Tier 5 in 15 min anyway. And then after that window of insanity the raids went down from at having 8 raids showing to 2 being the usual 1/2/3 star stuff again. Added 3 more Ho-oh's to my collection but all worse than what I had and no shineys but not complaining :P

I'm sad that people seem to be attracted to (potentially) shiny Ho-Oh and 1) the number of Latios raids subjectively seems to be a lot less and 2) people prefer to do Ho-Oh instead.

I was hoping to get a lot more Latios raids done (4th best dragon attacker - and if it gets dt/outrage it's probably no.2) - especially after we had over a month of poopy Latias. Now we have less time than with Latias and (subjectively) it seems like 75%+ of the 5 star raids turn out to be a fire turkey instead :(

Only good thing is that we only need 4 people to do a latios raid - so even with reduced interest it should be possible to cobble up the numbers. Still far far away from getting enough candy to power up my Latios (thank Helix I got a 91% one already...)

Some people asked why I'd be interested in 4th best dragon - well it's 4th best due to the db/dc moveset - so better than db/dc dragonite for example. The main reason is I like variety - so for a pure dragon team I want 6 unique dragons...it'd be awfully boring (to me) to use 6 rayquazas. And so the 4th best dragon (currently) definitely gets a spot on my top 6 dragons list.

Did one latias a few weeks back beat it with 4 of us good to hear Latios is doable with 4 too did one with 12 on Saturday we barely beat it but loads were sub 20 level I'll have to tag onto one in city centre one night this week

Doing Latias with 4 is very good - most needed 5 for safety. 3 was for hardcore challenge people.

Latios is quite do-able with 3 high level dragons teams - 4 is safety (we regularly end with over 60 seconds on the clock usually when there's 4) and duo is the hardcore challenge.

With my dragon lineup - lvl32 rayquaza, lvl35 salamance, 4 lvl40 dragonites (including one sub-optimal legacy dragon breathe/dragon claw) I miss being able to duo latios by around 15 seconds... I say if I had an all rayquaza partner at lvl35+ we'd probably be able to duo it.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I'm sad that people seem to be attracted to (potentially) shiny Ho-Oh and 1) the number of Latios raids subjectively seems to be a lot less and 2) people prefer to do Ho-Oh instead.
    I'd agree to this; today's 6 raids we had 5 Oh-Ho raids; the times I do see Latios it tends to be on "off gyms" which never gets raided by more than one person basically (I got two such gyms around that putting a 10 rattata there it can sit around for 3 days untouched basically).

• Advertisement

Got my perfect Latios early (only 2nd perfect Legendary) but I'll Raid anything locally when numbers are available.... To be honest we rarely get a choice, we take what we are offered

ndM6P3p.jpg

Advertisement