Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Glasnevin Cemetery and Botanic Gardens have had Latios raids yesterday and Sunday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Angron wrote: »
    Great news; I've got a third ready to evolve but need a bit more candy and if I can snag a fourth during the event I'd have a good Mew line up ready to go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Nody wrote: »
    Great news; I've got a third ready to evolve but need a bit more candy and if I can snag a fourth during the event I'd have a good Mew line up ready to go :P

Not sure how I feel about the event yet ,8 TTars already ,4 over 3000 xp and have another 500 candies , hopefully i can get some v high IV ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The Chinese version of the announcement also revealed that the special move will be smack down - so a community day fast move not charged move (as the english announcement might have suggested).

So it's probably safe to convert existing ttars to bite/crunch as the cd ttar will be the go to rock mon for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Rooy wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about the event yet ,8 TTars already ,4 over 3000 xp and have another 500 candies , hopefully i can get some v high IV ones

Yup, when they became raid bosses they lost a lot of their rarity, especially since they can be duo'd/trio'd.

Community days now are the reason I start to keep high iv mons like larvitar, machop, abra and gen2/gen3 starters. They'll all get their day sometime.

3x XP and 6x (with egg), will be nice though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    3x XP and 6x (with egg), will be nice though.
    More likely 4.5x with egg; that would be in line with the star multiplier from last event which gave 450 dust vs. 300 dust without a star.

More likely 4.5x with egg; that would be in line with the star multiplier from last event which gave 450 dust vs. 300 dust without a star.

Star pieces give 1.5x mutiplier to dust, eggs give 2x to xp - that's the reason for the 450 dust at last cd :)

Adventure week starts tonight,

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/adventureweek2018/

What are the odds on for Shiny Kabuto or Omanyte ?

Wild vigaroth today in city centre another one off my to do list gonna walk the hell out of him now since it drops to 1.25km per candy need 51 more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

that's good news about walking distance for buddy, am sick of walking slakoth, only ever seen 2, and is the last one ive to walk for candy, after this guy will be back to Mewtwo or Mew for buddy :)

syboit wrote: »

What are the odds on for Shiny Kabuto or Omanyte ?

Answer both!! plus shiny aerodactyl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I wouldn't waste my time walking slakoth. It'll be a community day shortly and slaking is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Diemos wrote: »
    I wouldn't waste my time walking slakoth. It'll be a community day shortly and slaking is useless.

What would you recommend instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Already 180km walked, only need another 30-35 candies left to go :P

Does the feebas 20km walk task, reduce to 5km during this event?

josip wrote: »
    Does the feebas 20km walk task, reduce to 5km during this event?

No wouldn't think it does the 2 candy during day for Espeon or night for Umbreon does drop from 10k to 2.5 though so I'm going out to get a super size Espeon fro my best Eevee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's not to everyone's taste but I'm walking Rayquaza so I can eventually max out my 100% specimen. My regional dex is full apart from Chimecho so I don't NEED any other candies

It's not to everyone's taste but I'm walking Rayquaza so I can eventually max out my 100% specimen. My regional dex is full apart from Chimecho so I don't NEED any other candies
    Went through my dex recently to check what I was missing and it's either Legendary (i.e. wait for the raids to roll around as I was not playing at the time) / regional (i.e. I'll never get them unless they shift/or I can convince my wife on a world trip :P) or special event 'mons. So I can fully see the point of walking legendaries (personally I'll be focusing on Mew2 simply in the hope to build up a stall with them eventually even if my first was only 78%).

Went through my dex recently to check what I was missing and it's either Legendary (i.e. wait for the raids to roll around as I was not playing at the time) / regional (i.e. I'll never get them unless they shift/or I can convince my wife on a world trip :P) or special event 'mons. So I can fully see the point of walking legendaries (personally I'll be focusing on Mew2 simply in the hope to build up a stall with them eventually even if my first was only 78%).

Remember even a 67% iv Mewtwo (the worst possible from an ex raid) has 98% of the total stats of a 100% iv mewtwo (310 out of 315 attack, 705 out of 720 total stats).

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/84bkrf/mewtwo_iv/

Does that 2% difference matter? Sure maybe in some edge cases but I would think that in real life you wouldn't notice a difference - I saw one person on reddit mention that the difference between a 67iv machamp and 100iv machamp is 0.3 seconds in clearing a standard blissey (not sure what cp that blissey is though :D )

So unless you are confident you will be getting regular ex raid passes I'd suggest powering up your mewtwo and enjoying him now.

I'm living by this mantra btw - for example I'm walking and powering up my 87% kyogre instead of my 93% max attack one - the end cp difference is 20ish cp at lvl40 and I'm sure I wouldn't notice a difference using the 87 one over the 93 one. The 87% kyogre was picked up on my holidays in Munich so it's much more "fun" for me to use him :)

• Advertisement

Hatched baby Merrill don't think I'll be doing much else today warm weather is bad for my health problems might try get out after 7 if it is cooler. Two gyms in Finglas village hopefully one will have Aerodactyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Chansey or Beldum.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    So unless you are confident you will be getting regular ex raid passes I'd suggest powering up your mewtwo and enjoying him now.
    The place I do my weekly raiding has 8 or 9 sponsored gyms and all can trigger EX raids at multiple times in a day. So far I've gotten two back to back invites (last one is next week which I can't do) in four weeks but yea I'm fairly sure I should see more invites as time moves along (it's also the only place I can pretty much always get a pick up boss raid regularly so I'm sort of committed to raid there to get my legendary 'mons over time :P). I'll still be working up the one I got (after all getting 6+ more which have to better will not only take a lot of time but a ton of candy!) along the way; if nothing else than to increase the available 3k mons to use.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Remember even a 67% iv Mewtwo (the worst possible from an ex raid) has 98% of the total stats of a 100% iv mewtwo (310 out of 315 attack, 705 out of 720 total stats).

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/84bkrf/mewtwo_iv/

Does that 2% difference matter? Sure maybe in some edge cases but I would think that in real life you wouldn't notice a difference - I saw one person on reddit mention that the difference between a 67iv machamp and 100iv machamp is 0.3 seconds in clearing a standard blissey (not sure what cp that blissey is though :D )

I'm living by this mantra btw - for example I'm walking and powering up my 87% kyogre instead of my 93% max attack one - the end cp difference is 20ish cp at lvl40 and I'm sure I wouldn't notice a difference using the 87 one over the 93 one. The 87% kyogre was picked up on my holidays in Munich so it's much more "fun" for me to use him :)

I thought that with the way damage breakpoints are calculated, that there could be a 3.3% (1/34) difference in Mewtwo damage output between poor/good IVs?

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/breakpoint-calculator#/

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Chansey or Beldum.

Chansey??
    Love seeing these clueless posts.
    Walk what you want first, if you have everything you want then walk your strongest attackers, to make them stronger.
    At the moment Tyranitar is my walking buddy as I have a 98% Larvitar, and 4 96% Tyranitar that I want to max out.
    But a Chansey just sits in a gym and gives no better return then a Pidgey after 8 hours, no good in a Raid nor is Blissey... With both your relighing on other players to take Raid boss down.

Jfrost wrote: »
    Chansey??
    Love seeing these clueless posts.
    Walk what you want first, if you have everything you want then walk your strongest attackers, to make them stronger.
    At the moment Tyranitar is my walking buddy as I have a 98% Larvitar, and 4 96% Tyranitar that I want to max out.
    But a Chansey just sits in a gym and gives no better return then a Pidgey after 8 hours, no good in a Raid nor is Blissey... With both your relighing on other players to take Raid boss down.

Tell that to the guys who keep golden razz'n a 3k+ Blissey. But I will agree the main priority is always something you don't have, I reckon I walked most of my lileep candies (Note to self: they are everywhere right now).

Even powering up your best attackers becomes less effective after a while, I think there was only 1 legendardy raid I did where we have 5 people (2 under 30's) and it was a struggle to the end.

Rainbow weather feature for Alolan pokemon forms.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/05/25/pokemon-go-rainbows-alolan-pokemon/

I thought that with the way damage breakpoints are calculated, that there could be a 3.3% (1/34) difference in Mewtwo damage output between poor/good IVs?

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/breakpoint-calculator#/

Useful link thanks!

Looking at machamp boss for example - (I used pokebattler to run a simulation)

A 10/10/10 iv mewtwo takes 135.8 seconds to beat a tier 3 machamp boss

https://www.pokebattler.com/fights/attackers/MEWTWO/quickMoves/CONFUSION_FAST/cinMoves/SHADOW_BALL/levels/40/ivs/AAA/defenders/MACHAMP/quickMoves/BULLET_PUNCH_FAST/cinMoves/CLOSE_COMBAT/cp/17294/strategies/DODGE_SPECIALS2/DEFENSE_RANDOM_MC?includeDetails=true&dodgeStrategy=DODGE_REACTION_TIME&weatherCondition=NO_WEATHER&seed=1527426157311

A 15/15/15 iv mewtwo takes 130.4 seconds to beat machamp

https://www.pokebattler.com/fights/attackers/MEWTWO/quickMoves/CONFUSION_FAST/cinMoves/SHADOW_BALL/levels/40/ivs/FFF/defenders/MACHAMP/quickMoves/BULLET_PUNCH_FAST/cinMoves/CLOSE_COMBAT/levels/RAID_LEVEL_3/strategies/DODGE_SPECIALS2/DEFENSE_RANDOM_MC?includeDetails=true&dodgeStrategy=DODGE_REACTION_TIME&weatherCondition=NO_WEATHER&randomAssistants=0&seed=1527426327675

Oh and just for fun I did an 87% (13/13/13) mewtwo too - that's 132.7 seconds to win against machamp.

So the difference in this case is 5.4 seconds in a "worst" case scenario - is it worth it to deny oneself use of the lower iv mewtwo until a higher one is found? That's a personal choice but I'd rather be enjoying my uber strong low iv mewtwo already :)

Btw - in windy weather because of the boost to damage the difference between a 66iv mewtwo (confusion/shadow ball) and 100iv mewtwo (c/sb) on a machamp boss falls to around 0.8 seconds (120.6 vs 121.4 seconds to win) - hardly any difference to speak of I think.

How do I report spoofers got knocked out of a gym in glasnevin cemetery at 7:56pm cemetery was closed this gym is not accessible from outside the grounds so unless there is a staff member playing it's a spoofer.

• Advertisement

How do I report spoofers got knocked out of a gym in glasnevin cemetery at 7:56pm cemetery was closed this gym is not accessible from outside the grounds so unless there is a staff member playing it's a spoofer.

Might have been one of the residents?

Advertisement