Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

How do I report spoofers got knocked out of a gym in glasnevin cemetery at 7:56pm cemetery was closed this gym is not accessible from outside the grounds so unless there is a staff member playing it's a spoofer.

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=319948

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Unfortunately I need the name of the spoofer in order to report which I don't have will just have to be more vigilant in future, death to spoofers or at least brick their phones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Jfrost wrote: »
    Chansey??
    Love seeing these clueless posts.
    Walk what you want first, if you have everything you want then walk your strongest attackers, to make them stronger.
    At the moment Tyranitar is my walking buddy as I have a 98% Larvitar, and 4 96% Tyranitar that I want to max out.
    But a Chansey just sits in a gym and gives no better return then a Pidgey after 8 hours, no good in a Raid nor is Blissey... With both your relighing on other players to take Raid boss down.
    Clueless? :rolleyes:

A +1000cp chansey holds its hp for over a day, gives enough time for notifications to allow you to golden ras any gym.

Yes, walking attackers is viable, but I assumed that people would have enough attacker candy, between events and raid bosses there should be no chortage of attacker candy, plus most of the top tier attackers are legendary.

My point was rather than walking rubbish like lileep or slakoth just to tick the gotcha box, just to be patient and walk meta relavent mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Son walking Slakoth at the moment and loves him.
    The nonchalant lift of the paw when he gives him a tickle.
    Only Fire Butt was better.

Mewtwo still seems to be 5k per candy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Diemos wrote: »
    My point was rather than walking rubbish like lileep or slakoth just to tick the gotcha box, just to be patient and walk meta relavent mon.

I wish I had the patience to not walk ones I was short, every one I've walked heavily, Kabuto/Omanyte/Mareep/Larvitar/Lileep/Slakoth have eventually had its day and I'm now tripping over candies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mewtwo still seems to be 5k per candy

Legendaries are normally 20km per candy I think, so 5km would be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I happily walked a Chasney for the past few months to power up my team of Blisseys , enjoy the defence side of things and have large numbers of decent attackers ready . I find for busy gyms I take down then getting a Blissey in there gives you the best chance of getting a notification in time in order to hold onto it at the start until your team follows you in there.
    Im always chasing gyms so my Blisseys are my used Mons.

syboit wrote: »
    I wish I had the patience to not walk ones I was short, every one I've walked heavily, Kabuto/Omanyte/Mareep/Larvitar/Lileep/Slakoth have eventually had its day and I'm now tripping over candies :D
    It's exactly what I did through gen 1 & 2, by gen 3 I just stopped caring about the dex. I just focused on meta relevant pokemon.

Everyone plays the game differently. I, for instance, am constantly out of stardust, but I have teams of maxed out attackers.

Rooy wrote: »
    I happily walked a Chasney for the past few months to power up my team of Blisseys , enjoy the defence side of things and have large numbers of decent attackers ready . I find for busy gyms I take down then getting a Blissey in there gives you the best chance of getting a notification in time in order to hold onto it at the start until your team follows you in there.

Try just powered up Chansey, they are beasts!!!! Plus make sure you have the best moveset to counter machamp (zen / dazzling). You see so many pound/hyperbeam Blissey that are 3000+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Rooy wrote: »
    Been a rural player, my gym holders can still in a gym for days or weeks and occasionally months without been touch.... So the defense aspect of gym holding hasn't been of interest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Went to Galway for another Mewtwo raid, ended up catching it on 4 accounts, including my own :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And another EX Raid for next Wednesday at 11am; joy... At this speed it will take me two months to get EX raid on Saturdays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Angron wrote: »
    Went to Galway for another Mewtwo raid, ended up catching it on 4 accounts, including my own :pac:

The real question is how many you pinapped :D

Shiny Omanyte is so awesome unsuccessful Latios catch is not, pokekarma giveth and taketh away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thirdfox wrote: »
    The real question is how many you pinapped :D

Only went for the pinap on mine, caught it first ball :P

Alolan Exeggutor is available it's a dragon type

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Alolan Exeggutor is available it's a dragon type

Just noticed it was dragon. Still need a few for my last Gold medal on Dragon types.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Just noticed it was dragon. Still need a few for my last Gold medal on Dragon types.

Oh, that hadnt occured to me. Im a long way from Gold so far.

They've put commas in the XP to make it more readable

• Advertisement

The ability to feed berries from the gym menu is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Diemos wrote: »
    The ability to feed berries from the gym menu is great.

Ya , i delighted with that change , far easier than having to locate and drill in from list of pokemons and type in 'defender' correctly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And I've just managed to get my third golden gym /happy dance. I got one more gym locally which I can get to gold; the rest are all early silver and only touched once a week basically and hence will take ages...

Walking Walimer as I still need 100 candy to evolve mine and I really think it will be part of the next mythical research ala magikarp.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Walking Walimer as I still need 100 candy to evolve mine and I really think it will be part of the next mythical research ala magikarp.

I’ve got enough to evolve another Wailmer and a Swablu, a Magikarp and a Slakoth. I’m holding off on all of them in case of being needed for Special research.

For those of you who duo Tyranitar with normal weather (no boost either way)
    Do you accept that you're going to lose the first team and go with 6 Machamps, faint and another teams with 2/3 decent Machamps?
    Or do you use 4 Machamps and 2 Hariyama anchors to try and finish it off before the first team all faint?
    Max reviving all the first team isn't really an option for me for various reasons.

At the moment we've got 2 level 31 teams of 5 Machamps and a Hariyama anchor.
    But they're fainting with about 25s to go and in the end although we're getting it close, there's still 5-10s left on the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The last breakpoint for machamp is at 36 for 15 attack iv and 36.5 for 14 attack iv.

With a ttar duo you should be getting it done within the first team - if both teams faint you get a "boss recovers hp" bug when you go back in.

I've 4 lvl40 machamp, 2 lvl40 hariyama. My wife has various machamp of bad/middling/good ivs at lvl30-31 and I've run the simulations and we can't beat ttar without a weather boost - we probably would miss out on completing it by around 20 seconds (hitting the last breakpoint at 36 (or higher for my wife's poor iv machamps) is very important.

One strategy I've seen done on reddit is only 3 machamps are needed for one team - i.e. for my wife if she can power up 3 machamps to the last break point she can max revive the 3 champ team once they've fainted (and I'm still battling to avoid the HP bug) and go in again - I haven't run the exact simulation yet - but this way we should be able to duo ttar without weather boosts.

It still requires a lot of stardust/candy commitment from my wife though - as a casual player she has around 20k dust and very few machop candy. All the more reason to only focus on 3 machamps instead of 6 I guess. That doesn't help with your max revive situation however - but if you've got normal revives and hyper potions it may be good enough (since you only need the time to revive and potion 3 champs - and they should all be ready in a battle party for quick selection after fainting).

Once my wife's machamps have hit the theoretical duo level of ttar I'll let you know how it turns out.

Had a very good day today. Got a second shiny Ho-oh, a shiny Omanyte, and a shiny Kabuto :D

Tried 5 aerodactyl got three close to beating other two close to red need a stardust boost for my top ten gonna catch everything in sight today with a starpiece on

• Advertisement

Got a 100% Articuno from the research stuff, so that's nice.

Advertisement