Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rooy wrote: »
    Bit surprised they havent officially announced what is coming next in Legendaries , persume we will hear later today , and persumely it will be start of Regi Trio.
    Kyogre is the new raid boss until 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dear Pokegods please give me the strength to get a Kyogre this time round don't have Feraligatr yet so want one too maybe 3

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

If I don't get a shiny ****ing fish in this event I'm packing it in :D

Am I the only one now without one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

DublinCJM wrote: »
    If I don't get a shiny ****ing fish in this event I'm packing it in :D

Am I the only one now without one?
    I don't have one with 563 caught/580 seen. I even got 400 candy put away (on top of the normal 400 saved for next legendary research task) in case I find one as I like the look of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nody wrote: »
    I don't have one with 563 caught/580 seen. I even got 400 candy put away (on top of the normal 400 saved for next legendary research task) in case I find one as I like the look of it.

Wow. I'll stop complaining about not getting any makuhitas, meditites, kabutos, etc from the events.

Wailmer is a fish who'd a thunk it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

They worked it out that to expect a guaranteed 1 shiny you need to see 3x the shiny rate...so it should be guaranteed 1 after 1500ish seen/catches.

You're only 1/3 of the way there ;) - my first golden fish was 1000 karp in. 2nd was much quicker at 1200 :D

My holiday was a dex success - so now I'm at 370 caught/371 seen. Won't be heading to New Zealand any time soon though :P

Well Kyogre raids have been intersting; 7 raids completed, 5 Kyogre's caught. I've never seen such a high catch rate but I guess it could be fluke. No shiny so far but I got a water/water 91% which I'm happy to run with for now.

Caught a lapras on liffey street today woo hooooooooooooooooooooooo just hatched a lapras woo wait a minute that ain't right..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hatched a fair few Karp so far, and yet not one over the 90% range is pretty disappointing.

Angron wrote: »
    Hatched a fair few Karp so far, and yet not one over the 90% range is pretty disappointing.

I have caught/hatched one single Magikarp over 90%. It was a field research encounter. One, seriously!

Got shiny Shellder this evening on my way out to a Kyogre raid. Thought it might be prophetic, but no.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I’m not too bothered about shiny’s, (managed to find 7 in total though) is it because I never played the original games maybe?

Thirdfox wrote: »
    My holiday was a dex success - so now I'm at 370 caught/371 seen. Won't be heading to New Zealand any time soon though :P

That is very impressive. India and Africa for hols? I’m sure that’s an ultra rare status.
    If I can only hatch the last 2* that I need I will be at my current ‘achievable’ total of 368/371.
    Can’t see myself getting to Southern Asia, Africa or Oceania in the future.

*wynaut & chimecho, the elusive feckers!

I travelled to Mumbai for business but actually you can get Torkoal in Abu Dhabi (Maybe Dubai too?) so no need to fly all the way out to the Asian sub-continent.

Morocco is a lovely country but very few pokestops - I picked it as in the south it has access to tropius, solrock, illumise and corsola.

1st day prior to water event I was catching all the lovely trapinchs, charmanders etc...not eith the water event on it's just like being back in Ireland (doh!)

Well I did catch a shiny desert whale - that's going to be a rare one in the collection :D

Finally hatched a bagon elusive little...

Oh how I wish the 1/4 candy was still on seen 359 caught 336 now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a shiny Kyogre in Dublin yesterday, now to hope I get a Shellder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I've seen 1,552 and have 3,000 spare candy.

Still no shiny.

I travelled to Mumbai for business but actually you can get Torkoal in Abu Dhabi (Maybe Dubai too?) so no need to fly all the way out to the Asian sub-continent.

Morocco is a lovely country but very few pokestops - I picked it as in the south it has access to tropius, solrock, illumise and corsola.

1st day prior to water event I was catching all the lovely trapinchs, charmanders etc...not eith the water event on it's just like being back in Ireland (doh!)

Well I did catch a shiny desert whale - that's going to be a rare one in the collection :D

Seen your post on reddit, great prices in flights in fairness. Heading to US soon so will try to fill in a few more.

Torkal/Relicanth could be the last one's I get, so hoping for some event bonus for those.

Corsola may be fake news - I've come pretty far south (sidi ifni) and no sign of it walking along the beach with an incense on.

I didn't need it anyway but just in case people were hoping to get 4 in 1 in morocco it might bot be possible.

Can you get the four in gran canaria? Flights were more expensive there so that's why I chose Morocco.

Corsola may be fake news - I've come pretty far south (sidi ifni) and no sign of it walking along the beach with an incense on.

I didn't need it anyway but just in case people were hoping to get 4 in 1 in morocco it might bot be possible.

Can you get the four in gran canaria? Flights were more expensive there so that's why I chose Morocco.

Yeah, I believe you can. The wife couldn't figure out for ages why I was so interested in taking a sun holiday :D

• Advertisement

Got another EX pass this evening, Oscar Wilde on the 21st.

Same on the EX pass and day but unlike previous once at 11am/1pm this one was at 6pm. Nothing like a bit of rush traffic to make it interesting to get there...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Got another for Kells, our 5th......sometimes it can be a struggle to get numbers together to flick that trigger.
    Missed last one due to work but I'm hopeful to make this, but some of the members are going to be away on holidays

Jfrost wrote: »
    Got another for Kells, our 5th......sometimes it can be a struggle to get numbers together to flick that trigger.
    Missed last one due to work but I'm hopeful to make this, but some of the members are going to be away on holidays

Any idea of how many raids it takes the trigger?

What's the min that did works and the max that didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

josip wrote: »
    Any idea of how many raids it takes the trigger?

What's the min that did works and the max that didn't?

The info I have and experience also says a suitable gym needs a minimum of 18 raiders with at least 9 partaken in a group Raid together and the rest within that same period between the issuing of passes.
    This recent issuing for us went like this, our trigger group was a 14 account Raid on Saturday on a Machamp, others who missed this one got passes from raids earlier that week, a Swablu raid in one case and a couple from the following day.
    I thought every one in the large group got a pass and that it was random for the other Raiders, but 2 members of the large group didn't get Passes this time.
    Do you have knowledge of a suitable gym or would like help narrowing it down.
    Generally once a gym is triggered, it seems (for us at least) that a month, roughly, passes before the next issuing.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Me and Kyogre are friends again after I got a 98% shiny. Nice Kyogre!
    Also have the youngster doing an EX raid for me tomorrow and the big community day coming up. I remember the days when I used to give out about Niantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Triggered our 5th Mewtwo in Celbridge also, this one is at 3pm though which is a really bad time. Too late for sneaking off at lunch, too early for finishing work early and bad time for anyone with kids in school.
    We always try get at least one raid with 10 accounts and then aim for ~200 points, with each account in the raid being multiplied by the raid tier to get the points. So 6 people doing a T5 raid would be 30 points.
    Everyone who raided within the window (starting after last set of raid passes went out) has gotten a pass everytime as far as I know.

Jfrost wrote: »
    The info I have and experience also says a suitable gym needs a minimum of 18 raiders with at least 9 partaken in a group Raid together and the rest within that same period between the issuing of passes.
    This recent issuing for us went like this, our trigger group was a 14 account Raid on Saturday on a Machamp, others who missed this one got passes from raids earlier that week, a Swablu raid in one case and a couple from the following day.
    I thought every one in the large group got a pass and that it was random for the other Raiders, but 2 members of the large group didn't get Passes this time.
    Do you have knowledge of a suitable gym or would like help narrowing it down.
    Generally once a gym is triggered, it seems (for us at least) that a month, roughly, passes before the next issuing.
    Good luck

We've worked out what gyms are eligible in our area but our problem is getting enough trainers to agree to raid at them.

A lot of trainers have now gotten their Mewtwo doing raids in Dublin so their appetite is satiated somewhat.
    Not all trainers have access to cars, so getting to the gyms is problematic for them.
    So the Kyogre raid in the town centre will always win out over a Mawile raid out in the park :(

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Cork has a regular trio of gyms getting triggered these days , although recently the actual ex raid passes are midweek which isnt ideal for some people , such as myself.

• Advertisement

Yeah, when I've been up in Dublin there's been a few folks who will avoid doing raids at EX candidates cause they won't be able to make an EX Raid.

Galway got another raid pass this cycle, but for a new gym this time, out in Salthill rather than Lough Atalia.

Advertisement